• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla adapter ETA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I mean, it's Tesla sending these out so June really mean whenever Elon says so....
Elon said in 2016 that my car would be able to drive itself..

Elon said it again in 2017, coming this year.…and again in 2018.

In 2019 he added that I can have a free Tesla roadster.

And reiterated in 2020 that I’ll definitely have the ability for my car to drive itself that year and that I would be able to buy a truck in 2021.

The truck, the full self driving is definitely coming in 2022.

Definitely 2023, the truck. The full self driving. It’ll be amazing.

In 2024, I’m told self driving is getting a rewrite and it will definitely be able to drive itself soon, oh and I will get a free Tesla adapter….roadster? Who said anything about a roadster?

I was one who wanted to wait for a Ford adapter, upon finding out Tesla is handling the logistics…..buy the A2Z. You can always sell it later to a GM owner.
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I have a 1100 mile road trip coming up in a few weeks, which I committed to and planned months ago - based on the fact assumption lie that I'd have the adapter by then.

However, due to the lack of progress and then the firing of that entire team at Tesla, I decided to order the A2Z. It hasn't come in yet, but I'm hopefully and relatively confident that it will.

As others have mentioned, if you plan to do any extensive driving/road trips this summer (or even this year), I'd invest in the A2Z. To not deal with the hassle and stressing about charging is well worth the investment!

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I ordered a Lectron on April 26. It’s due to be delivered Friday. I believe they resolved the locking problem.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've put off finalizing a hoped-for road trip this summer until I have the item in hand. In general, I never believe delivery dates from any supplier until I get a confirmation email that the item is in the hands of FedEx or UPS. I trust no other deliver dates except from those two companies.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I’m right there with you. #5131 and not expecting it anytime soon. Just saw the interview with Jim Farley and it sounded like it’s entirely in Tesla’s hands. Ford has over 100,000 orders in for them. 🫨. Enough said.
This.

Tesla has to make them first. Then ship them to Ford. Then Ford will ship us our adaptors.

I think they might be making them in the Buffalo Tesla factory, and a few hundred were laid off at that location.

Original I thought May. Now I am hoping by August 1st.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I am sure this was part of the deal between Tesla and other car manufacturers when opening up Supercharger to them. That way Tesla has a captive market to make/sell the adapters.

Art

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
I ordered the tesla adapter the day that I got the message, but I haven't seen any updates on the delivery status and it's been since I think February. Does anyone know where to go to find this info?
Received a confirmation by email, if you log in, you should get an estimate of when you’ll get yours. Mine is on November

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla adapter ETA? IMG_0385

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’m right there with you. #5131 and not expecting it anytime soon. Just saw the interview with Jim Farley and it sounded like it’s entirely in Tesla’s hands. Ford has over 100,000 orders in for them. 🫨. Enough said.
Not expecting my free adapter any time soon..

Hey, almost same order # !
5136 here.

Using A2Z the past 3 months and Tesla Superchargers have been a dream!

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla adapter ETA? Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 11.33.39

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Saw I had in email from FedEx in my Promotions tab for gmail. I got excited and thought maybe gmail parsed it wrong....nope. It was just general spam telling me to ship gifts now for Father's Day. Darn...

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Where exactly can one see the status of the adapter order?

It gave me a status when the order was placed, but there is nothing there now. Oddly, the order for the Lightning itself is still there.

I called the number to check, which was for the US customer service. They told me I had to speak with their Canadian counterpart, and they connected me so I didn't have to call back. The Canadian representative confirmed the order and said it "should" be shipping about the end of June. Yea, right.

I did try logging into ford.com and did find the link for the adapter status. It just said that since my order was placed on "another country's site" that I had to go there for the status.

Round and round we go.

dalesumjr

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro SR
I gave up waiting and bought an A2Z. over 100k in the hopper, with only a few thousand shipped. Tesla fired the whole group who managed / oversaw production of the adaptors. It'll be 2030 by the time we all see them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.