mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Anyone else get this?
Am I going to be in the back of the line now for an adapter?

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) IMG_1359

umbrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Anyone else receive the following email this morning?

As a part of ongoing testing, your adapter has been identified by Ford to have a potential issue that may result in reduced charging speeds over time, and in some cases, charge port damage. As such, Ford does not recommend using the adapter initially supplied to you with any vehicle from this time on, and we will be sending you a replacement.

Disappointing because I was planning on using it this weekend.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I just got 5he same exact email from ford.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Is it for real or is is some kind of fishing, third party trying to get our for login credentials?

Or possibly send us defective/fake adapters and we return ship good ones to a malicious third party.

Ford if this is for real, send us a message through Ford pass abd/or something on the website/press release.

Sponsored

jpblincoln

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I got the Ford email also. I was 15xx on the list of adapters shipping.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) 372%2Fm%2F1%2Ffb83f4a0-f972-44a3-b74c-dd91e0645a79
As a part of ongoing testing, your adapter has been identified by Ford to have a potential issue that may result in reduced charging speeds over time, and in some cases, charge port damage. As such, Ford does not recommend using the adapter initially supplied to you with any vehicle from this time on, and we will be sending you a replacement.

Please check FordPass® or the in‑vehicle Public Charging app for other charging options within the BlueOval Charge Network™ while we expedite your replacement adapter.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) ymreqid=feae04d2-322e-8ccf-1ca3-2b13e5010e00&sig=6
Here’s what we need from you:
Review the current address in your FordPass account. If it’s correct — you’re all set.

If it needs to be updated, do so by October 24.
Ford will supply a replacement adapter in the coming weeks and provide return instructions to send back your existing adapter – both at no cost. It is imperative that we receive all adapters affected to reduce the risk of potential vehicle damage.

For further information, please call Ford’s customer contact center at 1 (800) 392‑3673. For instructions on how to update your account information in FordPass, click here.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) 2e-8ccf-1ca3-2b13e5010e00&sig=4lnFJqWbxHqLXNTUiQ5W
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6‌248
Dearborn, MI 4‌8126

© 2024 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

Follow Ford​

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Received as well.

I hope they are marking the new adapters well in some way. I can see now a lot of the first gen determined to have problems hitting the open market. Truly I'm hopeful the problem isn't that bad, but if Ford is going to reship another adapter that costs $50 or something to make then there is some potential long term problem.

I truly wish they would make us ship the original adapter back to them before receiving the new one. Or make me pay for the new one and refund when I return the old.

This is just setting up for having an unknown thousands of adapters on the market that could have some damage potential.