• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I think a lot of people prefer the end slots because they have more space. A lot of parking lots with chargers have minimal stall spacing that makes backing in more difficult and increases the risk of door dings from neighboring drivers getting in and out of their cars.

So when another brand like the Fords or a vehicle towing a trailer have to use the end space, people are predisposed to be annoyed that their favored slot is being used and they are relegated to one of the tighter slots.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8BoatBuilder

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Towing the boat tomorrow and will need to stop at a SC site with 20 stalls... will keep everyone posted!

Sullyfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I have not purchased one yet. I think I might have to as the wait game for the Ford provided one keeps getting extended. Out of curiosity, are you using the Typhoon Pro Plug from A2Z?

OP
OP
V8BoatBuilder

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Another positive charging experience yesterday. With two open stalls next to each other, Tesla charging continues to be great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V8BoatBuilder

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I have not purchased one yet. I think I might have to as the wait game for the Ford provided one keeps getting extended. Out of curiosity, are you using the Typhoon Pro Plug from A2Z?
A2z typhoon. Not the newest version, the original.

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
Positive Experience Count: (3)

Negative Experience Count: (1)

What made the experience negative? The station was full and had a line. After three interactions with multiple Tesla drivers, I gave up. Although the station was open to non-Tesla, because of the wait, I had two drivers say that "I couldn't charge here" and wouldn't accept that the station was open to non-Teslas.

I finally was able to nose in with the short cables, but needed the Cybertruck next to me to finish so I could use that stall. While I was waiting, another driver was confused about why I wasn't actively charging and wanted to charge. Rather than start an incident, I felt it best to move on to the EA at the other side of the mall.

Luckily, the EA's four stalls were all working, and the drivers were much nicer.

Lesson learned - with the short cables and needing to take up two spaces, I'll try to avoid Tesla when stations are full. Good thing the app tells you!
I would have told those drivers to go F*** Themselves !

Last edited by a moderator:

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I had one issue at a SC with a line and multiple Teslas cut in front of me because they didn't think I was in line. Understandable, but not understandable that they refused to yield. Eventually the pull through stall opened so I jumped into it really quickly to keep it from happening again. I kind of get it, they're not used to non-teslas, they don't even know that the F150L is an EV. But there needs to be better queuing methods at busy SCs.

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Paint-Drying Observer
I received my A2Z Typhoon a couple weeks ago (I think it took 5 weeks to receive) and today gave it the first try. I had tools with me as I've read experiences where some had trouble so I tried to be ready.

1st try - took cable off charger and clicked it forcefully into A2Z adapter (I read in a prior post that it needs to be snapped in there with authority to get it to click) and heard a click, then stuck it into charge port on truck and activated on the app... nothing happened.

2nd try - followed directions in the Tesla app and started session in app, THEN took the cable from the Tesla station and clicked it into the A2Z with authority and then clicked it into the charge port of the truck with slightly less authority, and it then started right up. I think the highest charge rate the app showed was 162kW which is better than I was getting at the EA stations over the weekend.

So I'm happy I got it and that it worked on first visit to Tesla charger, now the A2Z is in the frunk and ready to go for the next trip.

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's definitely good to have more options.

Sponsored

hoovertac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD MME Extended Range
Occupation
Crisis Counselor
Regarding out-of-network Tesla charging stations vs in-network Tesla charging stations:

In-Network: I was successfully able to charge through the ford app and or dashboard interface

Out-of-Network: Unable to charge through the app or dashboard. Had to use the Tesla app in order to use a level II.

Anyone else noticing this?
(Sorry if this has already been addressed)

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
It would be nice if Tesla replaced the "Tesla Charging Only" signs with "EV charging only" to make things a little more obvious.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Tesla SC station in Grand Mound WA along I5 has installed front right compatible charge stations - Ford in mind no doubt

Have used the A2Z a few times.
All good.

That said, I did order an extension cable from A2Z in case.
A2Z Supercharger extension cable isn’t available yet. If you received an A2Z extension cable it’s for destination chargers up to 48 amps. Not to be used with Superchargers.

https://a2zevshop.com/products/dc-nacs-extension-cord-6-9-ft-2-3-meters

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Regarding out-of-network Tesla charging stations vs in-network Tesla charging stations:

In-Network: I was successfully able to charge through the ford app and or dashboard interface

Out-of-Network: Unable to charge through the app or dashboard. Had to use the Tesla app in order to use a level II.

Anyone else noticing this?
(Sorry if this has already been addressed)
Level 2 Tesla? You mean Destination chargers? Never needed an app, they were free.
Sponsored