• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Test drove a Flash Trim

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Not that I matter in a review, but I test drove a Flash trim today. I still haven't purchased a Lightning, but am obviously getting more serious. I was really surprised how nice it was inside. I don't mean the sound quality or lack or road noise or anything like that, but the actual interior parts. I am looking for the cheapest extended range model, and the Flash kind of hits the right spot. I guess I was expecting crappy cloth seats and super cheap dash/door trims, but that really isn't the case. The cloth seats are more like my cloth Gladiator Mojave or my old cloth GTI seats. That kind of synthetic material that seems to wear much better.
As mentioned above, the trim was also much nicer than expected. I actually really liked the dash details and some of the door trim details. Maybe I'm easy to please.

In any case, we didn't agree on the price, well more of what they were offering me for my truck as a trade in. I may take a drive up to a larger city in the next coming weeks and see what they have to offer. But good job Ford on the interior.
Sponsored

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
The flash is good for someone who wants the 15 inch screen and bluecruise at the cheapest price of 67k. I went lariat since it had more stuff I wanted , if I gonna spend 69-80k on a truck Iā€™m getting the stuff I want and honestly the main thing was PAAK and auto folding mirrorsšŸ„° so I needed a lariat or platinum for that, but I also wanted tax credit so lariat it was. šŸ˜‚ itā€™s up to you if the price difference is ok šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Ford F-150 Lightning Test drove a Flash Trim IMG_0467
Ford F-150 Lightning Test drove a Flash Trim IMG_0468

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Extended Range, right? This list price is about what I paid November, 2022 for an XLT 312A Standard Range. Auto folding mirrors would have been nice, but I do it myself when needed. Got to watch that one stays under any rebate MSRP limits. 15" screen is probably going to get more attention than the 12", but the XLT buttons and knobs are fine and the 12" is plenty large with its landscape view of the maps that can extend all the way across. Plug-in hybrid would get away from range anxiety, but the frunk would disappear, no doubt! ProPower included with Flash? The 7.2kW/230Vac receptacle (of the 9.6kW available) is great for running the house.

rhscnative

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I bought an XLT back in March and I worked through the dealer to have leather seat covers put on. That was money well spent for me - it was only like $1500 and even the stitching matches the rest of the truck trim. You would never know it wasn't done at the factory. So if you don't like the cloth seats you could have leather put on. The cloth is still there underneath if you want to take them back off years down the road for some reason.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
ProPower included with Flash? The 7.2kW/230Vac receptacle (of the 9.6kW available) is great for running the house.
Picking mine up today. The 9.6 pro power is a 1200 option and the tow package is 1100 extra. Both of which were my minimum requirements. 500 charger is a waste.

Rick

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
The Flash is currently the sweet spot for many buyers. As @jamelski stated, I also love and "need" PAAK and I wouldn't give it up. Even though our ER came with 3 years of free Blue Cruise it isn't that important for me.

We bought a 2023 Lariat ER 11 months ago. It was a lucky find since it was the exact color and options that we wanted. Ford had recently "reinvoiced" it and provided a new Window sticker with reduced price. It now qualified for the full tax credit by less than $100.

So we were fortunate to catch the timing just right. It was after July 23 price drop, Ford at the time was offering $7,500 cash rebate, dealer offered $2,500 discount and we had a PCO. Along with qualifying for $7,500 tax credit it cost us $62k plus tax tag and title.

Shortly after we bought it Ford cancelled the $7,500 cash back rebate early. It was supposed to expire at the end of the year.

Over the Flash we got
  • Phone as a Key
  • Power Folding mirrors when we lock the truck
  • Power seat with Driver memory
  • Power sliding rear window
  • Power moonroof
  • Power Tilt and telescopic steering window with memory
  • 9.6Kw ProPower that we use to power our remote cabin during power outages
  • Adjustable pedals with memory
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Max trailer tow package
  • Power deployable running boards
  • Spray in Bedliner

My point is that prices seem to be all over the place with new Lightnings. If lack of Heat pump doesn't matter I think you can find a lightly used 2023 Lariat ER that meets your needs for less than a new Flash.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I thought the power pro option was standard on the Flash. Maybe itā€™s just been on all the ones Iā€™ve looked at online. I did verify it was on this one I test drove.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
The Flash is currently the sweet spot for many buyers. As @jamelski stated, I also love and "need" PAAK and I wouldn't give it up. Even though our ER came with 3 years of free Blue Cruise it isn't that important for me.

We bought a 2023 Lariat ER 11 months ago. It was a lucky find since it was the exact color and options that we wanted. Ford had recently "reinvoiced" it and provided a new Window sticker with reduced price. It now qualified for the full tax credit by less than $100.

So we were fortunate to catch the timing just right. It was after July 23 price drop, Ford at the time was offering $7,500 cash rebate, dealer offered $2,500 discount and we had a PCO. Along with qualifying for $7,500 tax credit it cost us $62k plus tax tag and title.

Shortly after we bought it Ford cancelled the $7,500 cash back rebate early. It was supposed to expire at the end of the year.

Over the Flash we got
  • Phone as a Key
  • Power Folding mirrors when we lock the truck
  • Power seat with Driver memory
  • Power sliding rear window
  • Power moonroof
  • Power Tilt and telescopic steering window with memory
  • 9.6Kw ProPower that we use to power our remote cabin during power outages
  • Adjustable pedals with memory
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Max trailer tow package
  • Power deployable running boards
  • Spray in Bedliner

My point is that prices seem to be all over the place with new Lightnings. If lack of Heat pump doesn't matter I think you can find a lightly used 2023 Lariat ER that meets your needs for less than a new Flash.
I do wish the Flash had a sliding rear window. I enjoy having this when driving with the windows down. But I really didnā€™t want a sunroof as Iā€™ve seen there has been some people who experience leaks with the F150s.. I also didnā€™t care about the other bells and whistles, hell Iā€™d like to remove blue cruise to save a couple bucks.
Glad you are enjoying the truck.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24ā€™ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I came from a Mach E GT that was totaled out, and got a Flash last week. Of all the features, I do miss PAAK the most but that is about it for the long run.
My previous F150 was a 2010 lariat and had issues with the power sliding rear window (it exploded) the moon roof developed leaks about 4 years in even with me cleaning the drains (I think it was a combo of the 3rd brake light seal and moonroof)
The vented seats were nice, but my jeans started to degrade the "leather", and they separated at the seams about 60k miles.
I try to keep vehicles for 8+ years if possible, and the flash is a good spot where it has 90% of the features that are important (power pedals/mirrors, big screen, ER battery) as well as the max tow and pro power on board option which is nice if I need to pull or power an RV/house.
I find the bells and whistles are nice at first but end up costing more down the road once there is problems, also I found the cloth seats to be more comfortable than the leather but that's a me thing (and the 25's went to ActiveX)

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I thought the power pro option was standard on the Flash. Maybe itā€™s just been on all the ones Iā€™ve looked at online. I did verify it was on this one I test drove.
For 2024, ProPower 9.6 kW is optional on all trims except Platinum where it is standard. You can find 2024 Flash models w/o ProPower 9.6 on the Build & Buy website.

Ford F-150 Lightning Test drove a Flash Trim 1725382063428-mo

Don't get confused it it just says ProPower without a number. All years and trims have always included the 2.4 kW, 120V only inverter sometimes referred to as ProPower 2.4. https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...eries-features/what-is-the-pro-power-onboard/

Sponsored
OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash

woodsman

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Semi driver
Most important for me was the 0% financing.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I came from a Mach E GT that was totaled out, and got a Flash last week. Of all the features, I do miss PAAK the most but that is about it for the long run.
My previous F150 was a 2010 lariat and had issues with the power sliding rear window (it exploded) the moon roof developed leaks about 4 years in even with me cleaning the drains (I think it was a combo of the 3rd brake light seal and moonroof)
The vented seats were nice, but my jeans started to degrade the "leather", and they separated at the seams about 60k miles.
I try to keep vehicles for 8+ years if possible, and the flash is a good spot where it has 90% of the features that are important (power pedals/mirrors, big screen, ER battery) as well as the max tow and pro power on board option which is nice if I need to pull or power an RV/house.
I find the bells and whistles are nice at first but end up costing more down the road once there is problems, also I found the cloth seats to be more comfortable than the leather but that's a me thing (and the 25's went to ActiveX)
I have a ā€˜24 and it has PAAK. Maybe you just need an update.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24ā€™ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
PAAK is standard on lariat and up for 24. Flash didnā€™t come with an RFA module sadly to support it. I checked and double checked with MikeG as well.
oh well itā€™s a small feature that sometimes i would have to reset with the Mach e anyway when it acted up.

K6CCC

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 2017 Toyota Celica
Occupation
Two Way radio systems
Can someone explain why you think PAAK is a requirement for you. That is a feature I explicitly do NOT want.
Sponsored