Sponsored

Turn Signal Lever sticks in the up (right signal on) position

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Does anyone have an issue with the turn signal lever sticking in the up position after turning on the right turn signal?

It's hard to describe, but my turn signal lever operates like butter when I turn on the left turn signal and return to center. Or, when I turn on my right turn signal by moving the lever from center to up. But, if I try to manually turn off my right turn signal by moving it down to center from the up position, it is more resistant than any other movement. Also, it's most resistant the first time in a drive that I move the turn signal lever to center from the up position, and less resistant after recently using the turn signal lever.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with lubrication under the steering column, but I'm not sure if that's even a thing.

Asking because I'm at 30k miles and wondering whether to complain about it before warranty expiration.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine sticks. Didn't use to. I'm out of warranty now or I'd have it replaced.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Asking because I'm at 30k miles and wondering whether to complain about it before warranty expiration.
Yes, get it fixed under your 3/36

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
Mine sticks occasionally on a left lane change. Just partially pressing, not full click down

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Does anyone have an issue with the turn signal lever sticking in the up position after turning on the right turn signal?

It's hard to describe, but my turn signal lever operates like butter when I turn on the left turn signal and return to center. Or, when I turn on my right turn signal by moving the lever from center to up. But, if I try to manually turn off my right turn signal by moving it down to center from the up position, it is more resistant than any other movement. Also, it's most resistant the first time in a drive that I move the turn signal lever to center from the up position, and less resistant after recently using the turn signal lever.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with lubrication under the steering column, but I'm not sure if that's even a thing.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

bigtundra

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm having issues with mine sticking too. I reported it to my Ford dealer when they performed the latest recall SW update. They are supposed to order a new stalk and get back to me, but I haven't heard anything.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
You're not alone. Mine sticks too occasionally. Not enough to be a real problem, but definitely a bit annoying. Never thought about getting it replaced, might have to talk to the dealer next time I have it in.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Mine stuck after they replaced it for the Heated Steering CSP. They replaced it under warranty and works well now.

OP
OP

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I'm good. Thank you, though. I scheduled my service through the FordPass app.

Lorincz

First Name
Jozsef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine sticks too. It's really annoying, especially considering how much this truck costs. Even my regular rental Toyota Corolla's turn signal lever is butter-smooth. I can’t wrap my head around why it’s so bad for a truck. Is it because it's a work vehicle? (Maybe they think you should be strong enough to drive it! :))

180ABL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Avalanche Lightning Lariat ER
Mine was sticking also, dealer replaced under warrantee. Seems to be a common f150 issue.
Sponsored