• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unidentified chimes when starting up

msteitle

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Software engineer
For a month or so now, upon starting my truck, there are two mild chimes that are emitted once- "ding ding". There is no indication of what they are trying to indicate. No message, icon, or light accompanies them. Does anyone know what this is?
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Ford software is terrible. I get those often too. Unrelated, sometimes a completely useless meaningless message on the infotainment screen on startup - "F-150 Lightning saved" or "Vehicle unblocked".

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yes I get them from time to time. I thought I had it figured out at one point but I don't remember now. First couple of times I scanned everywhere trying to figure out why the truck was grumpy. I just roll my eyes when it happens now and move on.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
For a month or so now, upon starting my truck, there are two mild chimes that are emitted once- "ding ding". There is no indication of what they are trying to indicate. No message, icon, or light accompanies them. Does anyone know what this is?
The double ding is your nav setting up routing based on your previous driving history. For example, it would try to route me to work if it knew I was going to work. If you play with the menu, it can be disabled.

Sponsored

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
I noticed that sometimes my truck's beeping noise for the external parking sensors will occasionally completely change to a different beep sound and then revert back to the original at some point. I haven't discerned a pattern yet.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
In nav settings, turn off alerts for for places of interest, that's what fixed mine. You just uncheck the boxes next to the various things like parks, and gas stations...... Yes gas stations are on there 🤣

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This weird tone has happened a couple times on my Lariat this week when opening the door, shut off.

Also the menu selection list has appeared instead of my last used view which is either "This Trip" or "Trip 1"

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
In nav settings, turn off alerts for for places of interest, that's what fixed mine. You just uncheck the boxes next to the various things like parks, and gas stations...... Yes gas stations are on there 🤣
In case you have low tire pressure of course!

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
The double ding is your nav setting up routing based on your previous driving history. For example, it would try to route me to work if it knew I was going to work. If you play with the menu, it can be disabled.
It was a feature request from your employer :)

Sponsored

DJSJOEKS

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariet ER Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
I have had this happen a few times when I would open my door. Discovered that my headlights were not on automatic. Switched them back to automatic and the dings went away.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Just record the ding and post the video. Lets let Ford guess what the right answer is.

Sounds like combination of Name That Tune, mixed with Hunt for Red October if they allowed 2 pings.

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
This weird tone has happened a couple times on my Lariat this week when opening the door, shut off.

Also the menu selection list has appeared instead of my last used view which is either "This Trip" or "Trip 1"
I have a door da da da, when I open my door, truck is off, just started a few daws ago. Maybe like a key warning in a gas vehicle. I can’t find anyway to turn off. When I turn off the truck and open door it starts up again until I close the door, it’s a double da da da.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The double ding is what I occasionally hear, will check the nav settings tonight, thanks!
Sponsored