First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
Does Ford plan on selling them at some point or only available to folks who bought direct from Ford brand new?

Is anyone planning on selling theirs if they have an extra or don't plan on using it?

I am tempted to order the A2Z third party one using the 15% off "FORD" discount code if Ford doesn't plan to sell one anytime soon.

Summer is when I was hoping to get the adapter by for road trips that I have planned.

Is anyone in the same situation and need an adapter by summer?
I ordered an A2Z because I didn’t want to wait for Ford. I’ll probably sell one of them when the Ford one shows up.
I ordered the A2Z on March 6th and it arrived in about 3 weeks.
Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I am less than 50, nothing yet. I agree I would expect the daily batches to be in the 100’s in short order.
It’s not clear to me why Ford hasn’t started shipping by reservation number. The influencers already got to make their videos and the prototype testers did their testing. You’d think the adapters would be ready for prime time.

Ultimately, I’m just frustrated because I leave for a major road trip from Texas to Utah on April 14th. Having the adapters will save me 2 hours each way and all but ensure I won’t have charging issues along the way. I recognize there is still plenty of time to get it delivered but the unknown of will I have it or not is a major first world problem in my life right now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Alot of these influencers will make better instructions on how to use the stuff than Ford will. So it reduces the amount of effort Ford has to spend on customer service if the influencers get ahead of the line and create the more usable instructions for them.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I wonder if I can pick mine up after work?

1000025714.jpg

Or you can pick up TaxmanHog's if you don't mind dropping by at 2 AM with a mask and a few tools.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Alot of these influencers will make better instructions on how to use the stuff than Ford will. So it reduces the amount of effort Ford has to spend on customer service if the influencers get ahead of the line and create the more usable instructions for them.
I guess it may be unknown if you haven't used any kind of adapter or a Tesla SC with a Magic Dock, but anyone that makes a video longer than 45 seconds to demonstrate how to use this adapter is wasting our time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

FedEx? Nice try. I will be looking for this Logo on the truck to hunt down your adapter:

Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! 1712284711552-ge

Seriously though, since you have seen the prototype/early production, let us know if what you get is any different.

Sponsored

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
If I recall correctly, the earliest delivery estimate they gave was April (For a FREE adapter to access a network they didn't have to make available). We have another four weeks left and they have started delivering. And Ford delivered Lightning when they said they would; a year after announcement and I got mine at the price it was announced. It took Tesla 4 years to deliver a CT dual motor I reserved with a bunch of missing features at twice the price they announced. I think OEMs are doing fine.
Understand this, but I work in specifically PR and operate in automotive among other sectors like say, sportswear. All of this is highly choreographed. My observation over the past decade has been as we transition into the "YouTube era" it's become perfectly acceptable to "release" stuff without actually releasing them.

If I had to think of the worst recent example it's probably the Cadillac Lyriq which was "released" in what? 2021? Hah!

Never had this problem with Jordan or any other hot product that if we played games like this the fan base would destroy us. It's just routine now with cars. Do whatever you want so you can check boxes at earnings calls with no repercussions everyone just nods and moves on.

Me applying it here is a little nit-picky. I'll bow out ;)

edcoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (ER)
Occupation
Retired/former lawyer/former pastor
UPDATE !!

Hi there. Today, we’re excited to announce that the first complimentary production Fast Charging Adapters are shipping today and are on their way to Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning customers, including you!

Feel free to share that adapters are starting to ship publicly. We know it’s an exciting moment for many.

I acquired the A2Z adapter (which works well) but my Plug & Charge page is apparently awaiting for the "Tesla certificate" to be approved/activated. I've been waiting now for at least two weeks.

I use the Tesla app or the FordPass map to locate usable superchargers and use them. It would be a little more convenient to use Plug&Charge since I wouldn't have to identify which charger I'm using.

Anybody else have this issue with Plug&Charge?

Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! Screenshot_20240405_103118_FordPass

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I acquired the A2Z adapter (which works well) but my Plug & Charge page is apparently awaiting for the "Tesla certificate" to be approved/activated. I've been waiting now for at least two weeks.

I use the Tesla app or the FordPass map to locate usable superchargers and use them. It would be a little more convenient to use Plug&Charge since I wouldn't have to identify which charger I'm using.

Anybody else have this issue with Plug&Charge?

Screenshot_20240405_103118_FordPass.jpg
Try closing and relaunching the app.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Understand this, but I work in specifically PR and operate in automotive among other sectors like say, sportswear. All of this is highly choreographed. My observation over the past decade has been as we transition into the "YouTube era" it's become perfectly acceptable to "release" stuff without actually releasing them.

If I had to think of the worst recent example it's probably the Cadillac Lyriq which was "released" in what? 2021? Hah!

Never had this problem with Jordan or any other hot product that if we played games like this the fan base would destroy us. It's just routine now with cars. Do whatever you want so you can check boxes at earnings calls with no repercussions everyone just nods and moves on.

Me applying it here is a little nit-picky. I'll bow out ;)
I agree with your overall point but we as consumers are a bit guilty of fanning the flames. From manufacturers point of view it all makes sense. Tesla got everyone excited with their announcement 4 years ago. With almost zero communication since, they manufactured a fake scarcity and hunger that allowed them to sell a truck at $120K. If they stayed quiet and just announced it when they could flood the market, they probably would have to have a better product and couldn't sell it more than $80K. We probably owe this craziness to Apple. But it is not all bad. If Tesla didn't announce a $40K CT four years ago, I probably wouldn't be able to get a $40K Lightning. The mind games to get access to our pockets get only more sophisticated. At some point, the only way to avoid manipulation may have to be unplugging all together (and who can do that).

Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! 1712332583509-ye

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog

Now that you have confirmation of shipping, has your reservation status changed?
No change on the Ford website, I don't know if that's because of the exception handling or that they don't post status changes.

Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! 1712332661922-6h
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.