• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
The charger knows that an adapter is present. Go plug a level 2 adapter into a destination charger and you will see.
Level 2 and CCS1 adapters use different 'pins'. The level 2 chargers don't recognize the CCS1/NACS adapter because the J1772 (top round section ) pins are not active on the CCS1/NACS adapter.
Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Yeah, I think the charger gets feedback from the latch in the handle. It knows when it’s plugged into something.
I did find a teardown online that showed it is just a button and two wires. Even so, Lectron's steps are reversed from A2Z's instructions...it doesn't seem to matter if the switch closing/opening happens while the car is present vs not.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
It seems odd that Rivian adapter are arriving pretty steadily the last couple weeks when Ford was first in.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ters-begin-arriving.27287/page-28#post-592414

It looks like Rivian owners initially got plain adapters but now are even receiving some with a Rivian Logo. They seem to be the same as the Ford adapters otherwise. Did Ford Piss off Tesla? How can Tesla find Thousands of Adapters for Rivian and barely make any for Ford? Did Rivian sign a better contract?
I'm reading in the Rivian forums that unlike Ford, they seem to be receiving their adapters based on VIN/build sequence.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Level 2 and CCS1 adapters use different 'pins'. The level 2 chargers don't recognize the CCS1/NACS adapter because the J1772 (top round section ) pins are not active on the CCS1/NACS adapter.
Not understanding your point.

I said - take a level 2 adapter and plug it in to a level 2 Tesla destination charger, and you will see that the charger knows an adapter is there by the lights.

Same thing for the SuperChargers - plug in a SuperCharger adapter, and it knows it's there. Just no lights to see.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I'm reading in the Rivian forums that unlike Ford, they seem to be receiving their adapters based on VIN/build sequence.
Wish Ford would have done that. May 2022 build here and just got another delay notice (ordered in March). I gave up and ordered the A2Z.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Drove up to Colorado again, first time with the Tesla adapter. Shaved several hours off my trip not having to zigzag to use higher speed CCS chargers. Didn’t have any trouble related to Supercharger cord length.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Well, finished up all of my major planned trips this summer. Next big one is being planned for July next year. Hopefully we have the adapter by then!

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Well, finished up all of my major planned trips this summer. Next big one is being planned for July next year. Hopefully we have the adapter by then!
My Mama always said live in Hope or die in despair.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
And my bosses always told me Hope is not a plan!
Sounds like you might want to plan on buying an A2Z Typhoon Pro then.

Thats what I did two months ago.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Sounds like you might want to plan on buying an A2Z Typhoon Pro then.

Thats what I did two months ago.
The fact that it isn't approved for use is what gets me. Don't really want to me on the hook for a new fast charging station if there is an issue.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Tried out my lectron today, at 53% it started off at 160kw and tapered down, didn't precondition or anything. I plugged the adapter in first, so when I got the Tesla plug and hooked it up, it really felt just like supercharging my model 3.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The fact that it isn't approved for use is what gets me. Don't really want to me on the hook for a new fast charging station if there is an issue.
That's what insurance is for. But for real, there's no stats on it, but that A2Z has to be being used thousands of times a day, and no reported issues yet. Most Tesla SC fires seem to be Teslas as the source. I myself have used it in rather extreme heat conditions with no problems. I'd love to see a tear-down comparison, but the quality is likely the same, maybe even better.

InTheCloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Anyone get their A2Z Adapters shipped? I've been waiting over a month, and at this rate my Ford adapter is scheduled to arrive before the A2Z one. Their shipping announcements are confusing as well, as it implied all adapters ordered ship within a week ("Free Shipping - Orders will start shipping the week of July the 15th"). Recently they changed it to say orders placed in first week of July ship week of Aug 6.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone get their A2Z Adapters shipped? I've been waiting over a month, and at this rate my Ford adapter is scheduled to arrive before the A2Z one. Their shipping announcements are confusing as well, as it implied all adapters ordered ship within a week ("Free Shipping - Orders will start shipping the week of July the 15th"). Recently they changed it to say orders placed in first week of July ship week of Aug 6.
I think they are behind on shipments of the Pro version. Which is, by the way, the only version they are currently selling. I’m guessing there may be an issue with the new design and it’s still being worked out.

They have always been very responsive to their customers so you may want to reach out to them. @A2ZEV.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.