• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Warranty and recall work

Billgeffert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
What is it when your lightning or Mache is in a dealership for warranty or recall work, and they need to provide you
with a rental it isn't an electric vehicle.

We invested in 2 ev's (lightning and Mache) and the dealership can only provide an ice vehicle.

That is ridiculous in my opinion. When we owned a Tesla a Tesla was provided if our vehicle was in the shop.

Is anyone else having the same situation?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I've only needed a loaner twice, but I've always had a Mach-E. My service advisor knows I only have electric vehicles.

It's easy for Tesla to give an EV for s loaner. That's all they make.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I have mine in for warranty and recall work, they gave me an ICE F150 loaner. I asked for an EV but they don't have any. Guess ICE is better than nothing.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This is one area where sales and service really need to team up. Whatever vehicle gets the dealership the best margin as this loaner is a sales opportunity. That's probably why it's usually an Edge, I bet those generate the most profit per vehicle for the dealer.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Had this conversation with an attorney on a different vehicle. From his reading the warranty on a Kia for my nephew, Dealership is not obligated to provide a loaner vehicle. They do it as goodwill and get reimbursed by Kia.
Rick

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I took my Lightning to the dealer yesterday for 3 software updates and Battery monitor sensor replacement. They said it would take 24 to 48 hours. They would not give me a car but only a Uber to my house and back when it is done. I am now stuck at home with no way to go to the store or anything.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
My dealership gave me concierge service, drove me home and then dropped off my truck when the CSP's were done! I was shocked. Never had that before for a 2 hour service! Usually had to either sit around and wait or have a family member drive me to and fro, or walk if the weather was nice. Only about 2 miles to the dealership though.

Never needed a loaner car so far (knock on wood) or a long repair service, with the lightning.

No major repairs was also my experience with my first EV, a 2012 Nissan Leaf bought in Dec 2011.
Still runs great with about 80% of the original range almost 13 years later.
Sponsored