• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
Tesla skirts around the dealership laws by not directly selling their cars at their own service centers. When a customer requests to order at a Tesla service center, a rep will ask them to use a computer to order one online.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think the warranty on my Mach e battery is 10yr or 100k miles. Is it not the same on the Lightning?
@Azbittel Are you in CA ?

I know that in CA, we get an extra warranty on the EV batteries, traction motors and HV parts.

Normally, my PHEV has 8yr/100K EV traction warranty but in CA I get 10yr/150K coverage!

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
It was a hard fight and lots of litigation. Basically, some states made exceptions for companies that only manufacturered EVs.
Tesla still cannot sell in every state.

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Azbittel Are you in CA ?

I know that in CA, we get an extra warranty on the EV batteries, traction motors and HV parts.

Normally, my PHEV has 8yr/100K EV traction warranty but in CA I get 10yr/150K coverage!
No, upstate NY. That's a killer warranty wow. Good for you, great peace of mind.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Update: We have a Ford rep who has indicated that emails will be sent after 5:00PM ET.

Hang in there!
That tracks with my MME experience. My email inviting me to convert came @ 2:00 PM MST, which would have been 5:00 EDT.

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Tesla still cannot sell in every state.
Still limited to 5 "showrooms" aka service centers in good ol dark blue NY, due to dealer association lobbyists.

GaryC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep w/openpilot
Occupation
Engineer
g their cars at their own service centers. When a customer requests to order at a Tesla service center, a rep
That tracks with my MME experience. My email inviting me to convert came @ 2:00 PM MST, which would have been 5:00 EDT.
Hi, tell us more about that e-mail! Reply with the content except for your details, if you would.

Hmm, it is only 1:47pm MST here in northern Utah, are you posting from the future? Ha ha

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Tesla skirts around the dealership laws by not directly selling their cars at their own service centers. When a customer requests to order at a Tesla service center, a rep will ask them to use a computer to order one online.
They also didn't have an existing dealer network with laws protecting them.
Still limited to 5 "showrooms" aka service centers in good ol dark blue NY, due to dealer association lobbyists.
Yup - I live near the capital and the closest one to me is in New Jersey. Wouldn't have minded trying one out, but not worth a 3+ hour drive each way!

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
My dealer's GM had called and said "ooof sorry I'm off Thursday but I'll finalize the order first thing Friday". Turns out it didn't matter :p by the time most of Wave 1 has an order in, dealerships will be closed for the night

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
My dealer's GM had called and said "ooof sorry I'm off Thursday but I'll finalize the order first thing Friday". Turns out it didn't matter :p by the time most of Wave 1 has an order in, dealerships will be closed for the night
My dealer said it is not a race to the dealership. He said that orders are expected to be scheduled in reservation order within the particular wave.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Hi, tell us more about that e-mail! Reply with the content except for your details, if you would.

Hmm, it is only 1:47pm MST here in northern Utah, are you posting from the future? Ha ha
Huh??? My MME conversion was 6/30/2020.
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] 1641502482823

I'm in Phoenix, and we don't have the DST abomination

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
They must have wanted to include folks in Hawaii and Guam - which is fair.
Actually, 5pm EST would be 3pm MST in TX and 2pm PST in CA giving the bulk of the orders a head start on those in Midwest and East Coast who will have to wait until Friday. I just emailed my dealer rep. urging him to stay overtime today.
Sponsored