• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What else am I missing?

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager
I bought a 2023 Lightning Lariat from an out of state dealer sight unseen. For the most part things went well, but yesterday evening I decided to pull out my manual...I wanted to see what the default keyless entry code was, plus do a little browsing. No manual in the glove box led to an entire search of every cubby in the truck. The only thing in the glove box were the following two manuals: A "Supplemental Owner's Guide" and a "Driving Your SUV or Truck Supplement".

Absoultely nothing else. I've contacted the dealer...on both issues I have. The first one which was a cosmetic issue with the truck, he said he'd look into, but 6 days later no response. Now with this question it's only been 24 hours...but I've received no response on it either and starting to feel less optistic I'll get something. Should I contact Ford directly...and if anyone could help out...what else am I missing? I assume other than the owner's manual would be a few warranty guides, tire guide...if anyone knows what the list should be, I'll reach out to ford if i don't hear back from the dealer in the next couple days.
Thanks!
Ford F-150 Lightning What else am I missing? 2023_Lightning_Actual_Manuals_Provided
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
1) there is no paper manual

2) there should be a card with the door code in the truck, check the upper glove box.

OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lab manager
Oh wow! I know I'm old, but that makes it official! I'm sure it saves Ford a fair amount of $$, but I always like to pull the manual out and browse over it for a few days in the evenings....just to find out little things i might not know about the vehicle. I can't see me sitting in the truck for a half hour doing that...lol! But thanks for letting me know that's normal.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lab manager
Is that a false panel above the glove box? I thought maybe it was, but I couldn't get it to open...and of course, I couldn't look in the manual. Is it controlled through the touch screen?

George D

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Retired
Is that a false panel above the glove box? I thought maybe it was, but I couldn't get it to open...and of course, I couldn't look in the manual. Is it controlled through the touch screen?
On mine there is a button to the left of the panel. I assume they are all the same. But I could be wrong

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Push the button

Ford F-150 Lightning What else am I missing? 1000025726

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I can't see me sitting in the truck for a half hour doing that...lol!
Download the PDF from post 2. Read it on your PC, iPad, Nook, Kindle. You can also buy a printed manual.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...e-documents/where-can-i-get-an-owners-manual/

Also highly recommend you change your account vehicle to show what specific Lightning trim you have and whether ER or SR. Your future questions will be easier to answer with that info.

There is also a few threads on here that lists all the loose stuff that may come with vehicle like trailer stickers, key, box link adapters, etc. All depending on trim and options. Search is your friend.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I bought a printed manual 3 months before I got my truck and it was my bathroom reader until 3-4 months after I got my truck.:)

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
I went through the whole manual and printed the parts that seemed relevant (for instance, different size screens have different and irrelevant sections in the manual. This was for my 80 y/o father. Even with parts deleted, its a huge pile of stuff. Large 3 ring binder. This was printing 2 sided and all. Its no wonder that ford did not provide a manual.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Oh wow! I know I'm old, but that makes it official! I'm sure it saves Ford a fair amount of $$, but I always like to pull the manual out and browse over it for a few days in the evenings....just to find out little things i might not know about the vehicle. I can't see me sitting in the truck for a half hour doing that...lol! But thanks for letting me know that's normal.
You really aren't missing anything. It's one of the worst owners manuals I've ever seen. Poorly organized (Ok not even remotely organized) and missing a ton of stuff. You'll be better off searching the internet for stuff.

Just try looking up torque specs on your truck. Well it's not where you'd think. Not in Maintenance, not in Wheel and Tire info, not in Capacities and specifications. NADA. And who told the idiot tech writers that a Table of contents should not be alphabetized? Especially since they failed to understand rudimentary grouping. You'll spend more time trying to find something than it would take to just type in Wheel torque 2022 lightning. Wow took me almost 13 sec to get something on Google.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
If you'd have read the Owner's Manual you'd know the answer to all your questions. Want us to do your homework for you too? Sheesh!🤣

OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lab manager
Nope...you are correct. When I was searching from the passenger side of car and was looking in the door pockets, under the seats, etc...I failed to notice the button. This morning driving to work it stared me right in the face. Chalk it up to being a Lightning newbie :ROFLMAO:
If only I'd had that manual to show me where it was..haha.
Sponsored