Sponsored

What ever happened to the Platinum Black edition?

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Flash 312A
Did this special edition get canceled? I remember reading a bunch of fanfare about the truck being released in early 2024 but I haven’t seen anyone who actually purchased or reviewed a production model.

I also found this quote from Motor Trend to be funny:

“Additionally, when the Platinum Black Edition goes on sale in early 2024, Ford will also roll out a new update to all F-150 Lightning owners that will now allow them to use the Pro Power Onboard system with 9.6 kW of exportable power when the truck is switched off, with an improved user interface for clearer understanding of the truck's available power levels. The updates will also introduce Walk Away Locking for the Lightning, allowing the customer to lock the vehicle with a passive key or authorized phone device.”

I guess the Platinum Black isn’t the only thing that hasn’t shown up yet… 😆
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Did this special edition get canceled? I remember reading a bunch of fanfare about the truck being released in early 2024 but I haven’t seen anyone who actually purchased or reviewed a production model.

I also found this quote from Motor Trend to be funny:

“Additionally, when the Platinum Black Edition goes on sale in early 2024, Ford will also roll out a new update to all F-150 Lightning owners that will now allow them to use the Pro Power Onboard system with 9.6 kW of exportable power when the truck is switched off, with an improved user interface for clearer understanding of the truck's available power levels. The updates will also introduce Walk Away Locking for the Lightning, allowing the customer to lock the vehicle with a passive key or authorized phone device.”

I guess the Platinum Black isn’t the only thing that hasn’t shown up yet… 😆
Well according to dealership literature on the Lightning, the Platinum Black edition should already be out, but yeah I've never seen one.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
This custom trim probably died off with the loss of "Custom Orders" for Lightnings.
Doubt the factory configured any spec builds for the nation or sales regions to pick from.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
There were only supposed to be 2000 of them but it's probably not happening due to ford's inability to keep up with their promises. Bluecruise updates and walkway lock still havent come to the 22/23s.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I saw Bigfoot driving one hauling a horse trailer with a unicorn in it just the other day.

BTW, he was using One Pedal

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
A "Black Label" Lincoln gets consierge service equivalent to an up-market credit card. A "Black Edition" Ford gets black paint, which was the only color you could get on a Ford 100 years ago.
Sponsored