First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
LE
I had the same experience with the test drive of the CT. I wanted to be blown away and justify dropping double what I paid for my pro but just wasn’t. Someone suggested that for the test drive it may have been in chill mode but I’m unsure.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
312A (Flash)
+9.6kW ProPower Onboard
+Max Tow Package
+Mobile Connector
+Spray in Bedliner
If I ordered/bought a 2024, that is the configuration I'd get (minus the Ford Charger). Best bang for the buck. Congratulations and enjoy the ride!

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
It was a good story till the buyer remorse and blamed it on not being eligible for the $7,500 tax credit.

Ha ha.

Made the same mistake at first glance on the Tesla webpage. It’s said commercial credit only 🥺 but it pops out at you like it’s the regular EV credit.

Very misleading!

OP
OP

kubel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Made the same mistake at first glance on the Tesla webpage. It’s said commercial credit only 🥺 but it pops out at you like it’s the regular EV credit.

Very misleading!
Attached is what their site used to say.

Ford F-150 Lightning Why a Day 1 Cybertruck reservation holder is getting a Lightning Screenshot 2024-10-16 233642

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Not having paint that scratches and using dent resistant panels is very practical for a truck that's expected to be tough. I hope Ford copies the HFS idea.
I certainly hope not. A modular Aluminum body on frame is a superior solution to Tesla's steel unibody wearing a stainless steel costume.

Given the rust problems with the Tesla 3/Y, you can expect that Cybertrucks being operated through Northeast winters to turn into rusting hulks under those bird dropping and sap stained "HFS" body panels. Cybertruck owners are going to learn all about the exciting galvanic issues that Tesla has done nothing to mitigate.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kubel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
I certainly hope not. A modular Aluminum body on frame is a superior solution to Tesla's steel unibody wearing a stainless steel costume.

Given the rust problems with the Tesla 3/Y, you can expect that Cybertrucks being operated through Northeast winters to turn into rusting hulks under those bird dropping and sap stained "HFS" body panels. Cybertruck owners are going to learn all about the exciting galvanic issues that Tesla has done nothing to mitigate.
F-150 has a steel frame. It's very susceptible to rust and is what sends them to the crusher where I live. You won't see Cybertrucks going to the crusher from a rusted frame since it uses two aluminum castings joined together by a structural battery pack.

Are you sure Tesla has done nothing to mitigate galvanic corrosion?

Ford F-150 Lightning Why a Day 1 Cybertruck reservation holder is getting a Lightning rot

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
F-150 has a steel frame. It's very susceptible to rust and is what sends them to the crusher where I live. You won't see Cybertrucks going to the crusher from a rusted frame since it uses two aluminum castings joined together by a structural battery pack.

Are you sure Tesla has done nothing to mitigate galvanic corrosion?
When you see the stainless steel panels removed on a Cybertruck, you will see a steel unibody of stamped steel pieces underneath. The Cybertruck is a steel unibody vehicle. Given the failures of Tesla's aluminum castings, those massive and unrepairable castings are not a benefit. There was an article and video on the problems with the Cybertruck construction, including the lack of galvanic mitigation. For fun, you should see the warranty exceptions that Tesla carved out if you venture offroad in a Cybertruck.

As for the "structural battery pack", I'll take Ford's modular and repairable approach over a giant unrepairable disposable big epoxy brick.

Ford has been engaged in constant improvements to the corrosion resistance of their trucks over the decades. While it's fun to show pictures of frame corrosion, more than 16m F150s still on the road says a lot about what Ford puts into their trucks.
Sponsored