Sponsored

Zero window up controls via app or fob ?

johndyer

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 lightning Lariat
I’m sorry but how are there zero ways to close all the windows via the app or fob ? Am I just overlooking something obvious ?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I’m sorry but how are there zero ways to close all the windows via the app or fob ? Am I just overlooking something obvious ?
That is not a feature in the Lightning platform

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
With FORSCAN you can enable the ability to roll the front windows down or up via the keybob, but only the fronts.

This is called global windows.
What button on the FOB performs this when enabled?

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Grr, good question, I have not enabled it on my Lightning yet.

On my bmw holding unlock opens all windows, holding lock closes them all. I would guess the lightning is the same (only for fronts mind you)

Sponsored

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
I am pretty sure it is lock then hold lock button to roll up and the same with unlock button on the fob to roll down.

This is from the notes in the Forscan spreadsheet in the Common tab so it is an assumption it works and is untested by myself. Plan to enable this soon and I can report back the results if desired.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Can confirm, clicking and then holding the lock button on the fob closes the windows. Just like clicking and then holding the unlock button on the fob opens the windows.

For those worried there is probably some over torque sensor on the regulator in case an “object” gets in the way. Just like it bounces back sometimes off the top of the window when trying to close it sometimes.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Wow, mind blown…. What idiot lawyer / mba / asshat came up with this requirement ?
What is the purpose of this feature? The way I use my vehicles, I would never use it if I had it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
What is the purpose of this feature? The way I use my vehicles, I would never use it if I had it.
You are walking towards the truck, and have remote started it. It's hot as hell out. Global windows means you can open the windows and let out the heat before you get there.

You left your windows open in your driveway. Suddenly, it starts to pour out. You click then click again and hold the lock button and your windows close, and you are dry inside the house.

What's interesting is that this feature works on the Mach-E. It now works on my Lightning, because last week all modules were updated and I had turned it on prior in FORScan (but it hadn't worked). Now it works. But on the Mach-E, it's under "Controls" in FordPass. On the Lightning, it doesn't appear...

Similarly, on the truck I change cabin settings after remote starting in FordPass. On the Mach-E, I cannot.

Sponsored

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Can confirm, clicking and then holding the lock button on the fob closes the windows. Just like clicking and then holding the unlock button on the fob opens the windows.

For those worried there is probably some over torque sensor on the regulator in case an “object” gets in the way. Just like it bounces back sometimes off the top of the window when trying to close it sometimes.
I believe the reason it works on the fronts, but not the backs, is that the fronts have the one touch up and down so they also have the "pinch" sensors.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It's a double click and hold of either Unlock (roll down windows) or Lock (roll up windows) on the FOB.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don’t understand how the Mach-E has this capability through the app and we don’t. I was hoping when I first bought the truck it would be a feature enabled through OTA

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
If you have the Global Windows activated it will also have settings in the truck's menu.

Ford F-150 Lightning Zero window up controls via app or fob ? IMG_3042

Ford F-150 Lightning Zero window up controls via app or fob ? IMG_3039
Sponsored