• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Is there a way to disable the navigation popups in the instrument cluster? To me, they're more annoying than helpful. I looked through the settings in my truck and didn't see anything, but I'm not sure if ForScan can help or not.
The quickest solution would be to use a different map application that doesn't support that functionality, like Waze or something.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You can disable the navigation in the cluster with forscan. Disable the navigation repeater in the apim and cluster. I believe 7D0-09-05 X0XX-XXXX-XXXX The zero is the bit to turn it off in the apim I think.

Cluster 720-05-01

XXXX-X*XX-XXXX

I dont know how that will affect other navigation functions like speed limit display.

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Dont forget to unplug the module otherwise you will still hear it.
Yeah I misread the instructions and thought since I had a "4" all I had to do was change it to a "0" and be good. I unplugged the module too like in the video and got the sound disabled. Thanks!

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Is there a way to disable the front parking aid sensors/warnings, in the situation where you have a winch (or bull bar) installed (blocking the sensor) so that you do NOT get the warning EVERY time you start moving?
Nevermind, realize you can turn off Front Sensors in the Sync Vehicle Settings menus.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
[/QUOTE]
I think the best bet may be sending a log to forscan. It seems there are a lot of mixed results with writing the the HVAC module. Forscans data base may not be totally complete. I got lucky I guess.
I have a 500A Job 1 2021 with the same. I still can't help but think this is a pattern. If someone sends logs to Forscan it would be awesome but I suspect this is the issue.
I sent my logs to Forscan last night and they sent me back a test version early this morning, tried it out this evening, and boom! That did the trick and can successfully write to the HVAC now finally. They sent me a test version of 2.3.47 so I imagine the updates should come out with the production version.

For those interested, I was successfully able to fully disable the Auto Start/Stop switch above the screen, so it no longer lights up when going into sport mode, or any other mode that automatically disables it by default. Change the following from 2 to 0 if thats how yours appears.

733-01-05xxxxx0xxxx--

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Have any powerboost owners had issues turning the pedestrian alert off? I had a 4 check digit and switched it to a 0 but may try the other method in the link too
Are we talking about the backup beeps? Or the fake noise sounder? I would like to disable the backups beeps (which in turn will disable my wife complaining every time) but haven't found an obvious option.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Are we talking about the backup beeps? Or the fake noise sounder? I would like to disable the backups beeps (which in turn will disable my wife complaining every time) but haven't found an obvious option.
That will turn off the reverse beeping also.

TxBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
Anyone know which module controls cruise control and pre-collision assist ?

I’m getting a pre-collision assist error and was going to reset that module before trying the dealer.
It seemed to come up right after making some changes in forscan but I don’t think it has anything to do with the modules I was updating.

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Anyone know which module controls cruise control and pre-collision assist ?

I’m getting a pre-collision assist error and was going to reset that module before trying the dealer.
It seemed to come up right after making some changes in forscan but I don’t think it has anything to do with the modules I was updating.
I had tried disabling the auto reverse brake alert (the alert that lets you know it's disabled each time you put it into reverse) by changing the following: IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx--)

Immediately afterwards I received the pre-collision assist error. I did not try resetting the IPMA module. I reverted the change and the pre collison error went away.

TxBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
I had tried disabling the auto reverse brake alert (the alert that lets you know it's disabled each time you put it into reverse) by changing the following: IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx--)

Immediately afterwards I received the pre-collision assist error. I did not try resetting the IPMA module. I reverted the change and the pre collison error went away.
Good to know ! That’s one of the changes I had made. Going to revert it back this afternoon. Thanks

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry if this is old news but I think I understand the resulting behavior after enabling "cameras in motion" on a Job1 truck. I made the Forscan changes over a week ago but I assumed I still needed IPMA/APIM updates due to my flawed testing. I based mine "not working yet" assessment on 1) The bed camera card I added still didn't work and 2) The view I had up on the screen went away around 8mph

However, after @iceman77 was kind enough to check my VIN and tell me I have the latest IMPA and APIM both, and that the bed camera card does NOT work for a Job1 truck, I did more testing. Here is what I found:

When enabling using the hard camera button in motion, the first screen I get is always hitch view full screen (not sure why I would want this but whatever) and 2nd press of the hard button gets me bed camera (finally!) on left and 360 view (also cool) on right. This is really all I need, I can live without the bed camera card option. Additionally in motion, I cannot select using the soft buttons any other view except 1) full screen hitch or 2) split screen bed + 360.

When sitting still I can select any view, but having any view other than the above 2 options, camera disables at 8mph.

I'm going to assume this is same for all the rest of us Job1 sufferers, and thanks for the support in getting this (mostly) working!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That’s the way job one trucks work only job 2 and later get the cargo cam on side stack and full screen and other views at speed

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sorry if this is old news but I think I understand the resulting behavior after enabling "cameras in motion" on a Job1 truck. I made the Forscan changes over a week ago but I assumed I still needed IPMA/APIM updates due to my flawed testing. I based mine "not working yet" assessment on 1) The bed camera card I added still didn't work and 2) The view I had up on the screen went away around 8mph

However, after @iceman77 was kind enough to check my VIN and tell me I have the latest IMPA and APIM both, and that the bed camera card does NOT work for a Job1 truck, I did more testing. Here is what I found:

When enabling using the hard camera button in motion, the first screen I get is always hitch view full screen (not sure why I would want this but whatever) and 2nd press of the hard button gets me bed camera (finally!) on left and 360 view (also cool) on right. This is really all I need, I can live without the bed camera card option. Additionally in motion, I cannot select using the soft buttons any other view except 1) full screen hitch or 2) split screen bed + 360.

When sitting still I can select any view, but having any view other than the above 2 options, camera disables at 8mph.

I'm going to assume this is same for all the rest of us Job1 sufferers, and thanks for the support in getting this (mostly) working!

So what settings did you use to get this working like this?

Twilly 3.0

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.0L Powerstroke, 2021 Edge SEL
What changes need to be made in order to enable the Auto temp on the seats?
I have a 502A Lariat.
Sponsored