• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I am in the same situation. Not sure what to do.

Okay guys, I hope I haven't missed where this has been discussed before, I've been at it for 7 hours today and I've re-read the last 100 pages of the thread and didn't see this. After the IPC update I have a U2100, which is not surprising, but I can't PMI it. The PMI fails every time (i've tried 5 times now).

I am using a mongoose, I ran the checks and they all passed. All my modules updated fine except the IPC.

The only DTCs I have are the IPC U2100 and the TRM I have always had

NetworkScan.jpg

Here is the self test on the IPC

IPC.jpg

Once I run the IPC PMI, it tells me to turn off the engine, I find this odd because the progress bar is still climbing on collecting data. However I've let that status bar fill up, and it just wraps around. I've also tried not turning it off, or turning if off and back on, none of those produce a successful result.

PowerOff.jpg

As soon as I click OK from the prompt, no matter what I have done, I get a failure message:

Procedures Unsuccessful - GetFilesForPMI

Exception getting flash part numbers.

Fail_MSG.jpg

I'm really stumped on this one, hoping someone has an idea. I was hoping to get my F150 and Mach-E done non a 2-day license, but at this pace I'll be lucky just to get the truck done.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Same as me and I’m on BC now. You should have cameras in the sidebar without Forscan changes. That’s all I noticed different other than my BC option.
Man you get boarded in Houston you can always bring mine up to date. This truck hell on wheels trying to get BC. :)

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Uhm, I did that testing... :p
Ah, sorry. It’s getting hard to keep track of who tested what. I just remembered that you were the one who confirmed for me that the baud rate was fixed, which might explain the Nano’s difficulties with post-update tasks, like final configuration.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Power running boards.. all I can find in workshop is to make sure they are set to auto. What Iwould suggest is turn off anything associated with PRB and then turn them back on. Ive had issues with Rain sense wipers where I had to turn them off and back on also my auto high beams,

As far as side loading.. I can load the firmware outside of FDRS. So I can load older firmware if need be

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I gave up on the F-150 and stayed up all night doing the Mach-E. Finished about ten minutes ago. Installed every update in FDRS but my sync is still not current and no blue cruise.

No new updates for the truck either, will have to try and PMI the IPC again

I hate hate ford so bad I can’t see straight right now.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Has anyone mentioned how long the TCU update takes after the vehicle restarts prompt? I've going on 30 minutes with it running and no prompt that it completed or to remove the USB yet. I haven't found any previous posts regarding the TCU update length. I'm not in any restart loop though.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has anyone mentioned how long the TCU update takes after the vehicle restarts prompt? I've going on 30 minutes with it running and no prompt that it completed or to remove the USB yet. I haven't found any previous posts regarding the TCU update length. I'm not in any restart loop though.
It can take a bit. Ive seen anywhere from 5mins to 30 mins and more. The good thing is if you are getting a message to restart that means the update stuck.. IF it never finishes you can select it was successful and FDRS will verify packages., I suggest when verifying to make sure the ignition has been on for a min before. If you get a fail that means the ignition wasnt on long enough and reverify.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
One thing I noticed was that sometimes the prompt to remove the USB would open a half second before another prompt (data collection, 911 assist unavailable, etc) and that second prompt would clear the USB prompt.
It’s not as obvious on the F-150 but on the Mach e there is a ripple water animation with the USB updates that are not on any other pop up and it makes it obvious.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
It can take a bit. Ive seen anywhere from 5mins to 30 mins and more. The good thing is if you are getting a message to restart that means the update stuck.. IF it never finishes you can select it was successful and FDRS will verify packages., I suggest when verifying to make sure the ignition has been on for a min before. If you get a fail that means the ignition wasnt on long enough and reverify.
thanks. After 30 minutes, I shut down the truck for a longer period and restarted it. It then completed the TCU Update and prompted to remove the USB, then on to another APMI
update.
One thing I learned is that the Sync will prompt to remove the USB eventually once completed. Removing it before hand will cause a failure.
Sponsored

Last edited: