• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
Interesting that this document states that you should reconnect the USB drive to your PC (FDRS) before continuing with a USB update. I wonder if there are any implications to not doing it that way? What has everyone been doing, connected or disconnected before continuing?
When the truck prompted me to put the USB back in the laptop I would do so and then clicked continue or “yes the update completed.” Can’t recall the exact prompt. Then it went though verification.
Sponsored

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
For those that got through the IPC USB update, did the truck ever prompt you to remove the USB or restart the truck? For me, it went through steps 2/2 and then the update screen goes away, but never prompts to restart the vehicle or remove the drive.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
For those of you who are WAY ahead of me in updates, how many DSM updates were there? I did PMI on my module and retested multiple times, power running boards won’t respond. Wondering if there is another update ahead.
I only had one DSM module update, also one for the Passenger side as well. My FDRS expired on Thursday so I guess it's possible a new one got issued.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
For those that got through the IPC USB update, did the truck ever prompt you to remove the USB or restart the truck? For me, it went through steps 2/2 and then the update screen goes away, but never prompts to restart the vehicle or remove the drive.
Where you watching the file count progress? It never prompted me if I was, I just took it as the update via USB was done.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Interesting that this document states that you should reconnect the USB drive to your PC (FDRS) before continuing with a USB update. I wonder if there are any implications to not doing it that way? What has everyone been doing, connected or disconnected before continuing?
Every USB update I've applied, Sync told me to put the drive back into the computer. So far I've never plugged the USB drive back into my computer and FDRS just verified everything via OBDII.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
That also could be the case. Microsoft defender has been tripping lately too but never in relation to FDRS. Would a factory reset and clean install of windows help?
A factory reset may help, but make sure you have backups of your important files. It also helps to have any drivers on-hand that you may need to reinstall. If your RAM is having issues, you may still have ongoing issues.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If anyone gets the same issue I did, FDRS telling you a module update ended in an "error state", wiping your computer (or getting a better one) and installing everything fresh did the trick for me.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I got a month LIC this time and if I cant get this done I am done with it.
That'll work for "catching up"
But once you do catch up, NEVER come back to this thread again. ??

Cuz you KNOW what it's going to be like to discover there's........ Well, you know where I'm going with this. Lol

I forked over the annual membership. It stung for a few seconds. Kinda like writing the check to the IRS. And then you get that relief on the next day. Day 1 of 364.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Every USB update I've applied, Sync told me to put the drive back into the computer. So far I've never plugged the USB drive back into my computer and FDRS just verified everything via OBDII.
Same, I've never put the USB back in my laptop and never had an issue. Must be a reason but i'm trying to figure out what that reason is.

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
That'll work for "catching up"
But once you do catch up, NEVER come back to this thread again. ??

Cuz you KNOW what it's going to be like to discover there's........ Well, you know where I'm going with this. Lol

I forked over the annual membership. It stung for a few seconds. Kinda like writing the check to the IRS. And then you get that relief on the next day. Day 1 of 364.
Yea this form is like crack. You want the newest updates because you waiting on Ford you might never get them.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Where you watching the file count progress? It never prompted me if I was, I just took it as the update via USB was done.
I haven't seen this either, but I just finished my last APIM update.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Same, I've never put the USB back in my laptop and never had an issue. Must be a reason but i'm trying to figure out what that reason is.
It’s just post-install validation. When you put the USB back into your computer, FDRS reads the files one-by-one on the flash drive and then simultaneously reads the corresponding files on the module via the CAN Bus. If the files match, it issues a “pass” and moves on to the next file. If all files match, FDRS transmits information to the server that the update was successful.