• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
22028 was the latest offered to me as of this afternoon.
I'd be happy to keep an eye out on it for you. But you WILL be getting another APMI/GWM update.
Mine popped up after about 5 days and since I'm not Bluecruise, I didn't think I would be getting them.
Both updates went smoothly. I was 100% green. (no dtc in any module) And wallah, the fancy 2022 features were all there.

My truck on order will be Bluecruise, but I already know that cameras at speed is a fantastic option that I don't want to ever be without again.

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'd be happy to keep an eye out on it for you. But you WILL be getting another APMI/GWM update.
Mine popped up after about 5 days and since I'm not Bluecruise, I didn't think I would be getting them.
Both updates went smoothly. I was 100% green. (no dtc in any module) And wallah, the fancy 2022 features were all there.

My truck on order will be Bluecruise, but I already know that cameras at speed is a fantastic option that I don't want to ever be without again.
Went and checked again before my latest license expired. Just like you said, another GWM and APIM update. 22034 now and those features are now there. So that seems to be the minimum. Appreciate it fellas!

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Man, after all that time and money spent getting current, I feel pretty let down. No BC and I dont seem to have the camera views/screen cards while driving. Is there a setting or something to enable that?
If you’re not here. There’s more to go.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 8D0CCC28-26ED-449D-A637-5FE52DBA02C9

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2

Snake-
What version is does your Sync show? I don’t have BC either on my trim level. Are you on 21281 rev 244 as well?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Snake-
What version is does your Sync show? I don’t have BC either on my trim level. Are you on 21281 rev 244 as well?
I'm pretty sure I'm the same as those with BC.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220320_201702

Which came available just a short time after updating to:

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220320_195900

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Lol
I'm pretty sure Ford doesn't have even the slightest ire for any of us. :)
no, it’s clearly randomized by some sadist programmer who just wants to screw with us.

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure I'm the same as those with BC.

20220320_201702.jpg

Which came available just a short time after updating to:

20220320_195900.jpg
Ok, I’ve been on 21281 for about a month and haven’t seen any updates for APIM. Figured those latest ones were for Blu Cruise only.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, I’ve been on 21281 for about a month and haven’t seen any updates for APIM. Figures those latest ones were for Blu Cruise only.
It always seems like APIM updates (in FDRS) don't pop up until other updates are applied first. Like there are pre-requisites or something. But I'm only guessing.

Have you been checking FDRS?

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It always seems like APIM updates (in FDRS) don't pop up until other updates are applied first. Like there are pre-requisites or something. But I'm only guessing.

Have you been checking FDRS?
Yup, just the re-occurring GSM is all that shows up. Using the Mongoose now days as well.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Been trying to get that first update going to get past 1.7.1. Have repeatedly gotten an error while downloading the APIM software in FDRS: "

Unable to obtain software binary file: MU5T-14H009-FCG Would you like to retry?

Anyone seen that before? Other than try again tomorrow any suggestions?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, just the re-occurring GSM is all that shows up. Using the Mongoose now days as well.
I can't remember which module it was, but I posted here about it. There was an update for it but it did NOT show up under the SW-Updates tab. Instead it was under the ALL tab for the module itself.

Nobody else has ever mentioned such a thing though.
If you want to check, just select one of the modules on the left side of the FDRS screen and the right side automatically shifts to the ALL tab for that module. Scan down the list and look for an update being listed.

I could be making an assumption, but after finding that oddity and applying the update no differently than any other update, it seemed like I started getting updates available again. Could have been a coincidence.

My memory is that of an old man, but I think it was an IPC update? This thread is so long it's not easy to go back and find a single post.
Sponsored