• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Let me ask it another way... have you done any FORScan changes?
I have and I edited my response. I didn't think any of my changes would have been IPC related but they were. I'm going to manually update those registers in for scan to match my backups and see if I can PMI.
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
What I am saying is DO NOT load all from an old back up.. You can make changes but dont load all
Is this practice causing errors or DTC’s? I recall a while back reading someone else saying don’t do “load all” but can’t remember why (maybe it was in the forscan thread). I went back in and undid individual changes before doing all the updates and had no issues other than the crummy laptop and running boards.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
You are a genius @Bob_Mac. Manually changing my two Forscan changes back and then running configuration (not PMI) followed by a self-test cleared the DTC on my IPC. I can't believe those two benign changes caused this headache.

EDIT:

However, my part numbers are still wrong. Hopefully now that the DTC is gone the SW update will come back shortly.

20ecoboost21

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 tremor
If I made any changes with forscan, will this possibly cause my GWM to not update? I can't seem to get it to clear.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
If I made any changes with forscan, will this possibly cause my GWM to not update? I can't seem to get it to clear.
two hours ago I would have said no. Now I say possible. We’re any of your changes in the gateway?

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Can you change the values back to what the originals ones were? If you don't have them then try this as last resort.

720-01-01 2F0A 1064 F4CA
@Bob_Mac. This did the trick!! Thank you. The update completed and now a new apim update showed up. I did have to go through the usb update process again but glad I was able to avoid the much longer update

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
I’ve now run all the updates and the only ones that are still there is a apim and the gear shift update even though both were successful. My sync rev is 144. So now it’s just a waiting game till more populate from the sounds of it.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I’ve now run all the updates and the only ones that are still there is a apim and the gear shift update even though both were successful. My sync rev is 144. So now it’s just a waiting game till more populate from the sounds of it.
Try clicking the refresh button on right of the Green Run button for the APIM and then run the APIM update again. This downloaded and installed the next available APIM update for me immediately rather than waiting.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I gotta admit that it was a fair bit more productive when there was a convoy of us all plowing through the whole process simultaneously.
The latecomers don't have the advantage of the wave and momentum and collective absorption of all the nuance that's required.

As a result it's more like oral surgery now than a chiropractor visit. ???

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
You are a genius @Bob_Mac. Manually changing my two Forscan changes back and then running configuration (not PMI) followed by a self-test cleared the DTC on my IPC. I can't believe those two benign changes caused this headache.

EDIT:

However, my part numbers are still wrong. Hopefully now that the DTC is gone the SW update will come back shortly.
The IPC USB update did complete correct? It's just the CANBUS that didn't?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
The IPC USB update did complete correct? It's just the CANBUS that didn't?
Yes, the USB completed, and the can did not.

After undoing my forscan changes I was able to do a “configure IPC” and the u2100 cleared. So now I have no DTC on any modules.
However my part number is still corrupted, and even after a dozen network scans the IPC update hasn’t come back I to my list so I can finish it.

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Try clicking the refresh button on right of the Green Run button for the APIM and then run the APIM update again. This downloaded and installed the next available APIM update for me immediately rather than waiting.
Thank you!! Got my rev up to 358 now

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Yes, the USB completed, and the can did not.

After undoing my forscan changes I was able to do a “configure IPC” and the u2100 cleared. So now I have no DTC on any modules.
However my part number is still corrupted, and even after a dozen network scans the IPC update hasn’t come back I to my list so I can finish it.
Now run a PMI on the IPC and report back.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Thank you!! Got my rev up to 358 now
You are 1 revision away from the finish line.
I predict it will go smoothly.
Just be sure that you give your truck time to wake up between each shutdown and ignition-on/engine off BEFORE you click anything in FDRS.
Sponsored