• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Well, have it in to the dealer getting the BC updates and the IPMA module updated failed at block 4 of 4. Now he is waiting for the Hotline to send a recovery file.

GWM will not update now due to the IPMA update.

it appears as though he got the TSB 22-2117 done as my FordPass widget no longer shows the 1.7.1 failure.

I wonder is the IPMA issue something I could fix with my Mongoose that arrived today? Tomorrow is the 3rd day my truck will have been at the dealer for this. I’m not sure how many modules are left to update after the IPMA and GWM.
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
@Platinum Peasant my PSCM is often grey on initial scan and comes back with a subsequent scan. I think sometimes it wakes up slower than the other modules when you first turn the key on. I've learned to be okay with it.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
@Platinum Peasant my PSCM is often grey on initial scan and comes back with a subsequent scan. I think sometimes it wakes up slower than the other modules when you first turn the key on. I've learned to be okay with it.
Good to know! Thank you!

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
Good to know! Thank you!
Same concern here. Always flips to green with self test.

I don’t have cams at speed either.
Don’t recommend PMI of IPMA according to other members. I’m going to do an alignment procedure on the IPMA later as recommended in a TSB. My main reason for doing so is that my BC is a little unstable at times. It hugs the right line a lot.

Edit: I’d like to add that I’m the guy that had 4 modules go purple for the obstacle detection sensors. I decided to PMI the IPMA and that didn’t do anything good so it went to the dealer for correction. This is why I think my IPMA may be a bit off on alignment as well.

Attachments

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Big shout out to @Lodans @Jesse-Infotainment @Livnitup @Snakebitten and others who helped me on this journey.

My 2021 Job 1 (March 5 build) has Bluecruise and is totally up to date as of Wednesday night. Until probably late today :)

I received 2.4.3 OTA on Tuesday and then went the 'No patience route" and updated to current SW versions with FDRS and a Mongoose.

I am in early experience program. Got the Bluecruise final steps email 3/18. Bluecruise was available immediately after installing the latest gateway update. So it is possible guys (gals).

These updates also fixed a number of other issues:
1) Pro Trailer backup stickers.. now work (was probably the TRM module update).
2) Mirrors fold/unfold as expected now. Problem was Profile/FOB 1 was autofold OFF. Profile/FOB 2 had autofold ON. When #2 locked the truck the mirrors folded.. As they should. If you unlock with #2 great. Unlock with #1 and the mirrors stayed folded. And the unfold button was D-E-A-D. Had to go into Sync and turn autofold on to get mirrors moving again. Been suffering with this SW bug for a year.
3) Cameras at speed!!!!

My running boards are dead.. kick switch nor any setting invoke a response. I saw someone else had this happen. Not sure why my truck was impacted and so many others were not. On the other hand I had Forscan changes in for Bambi, Double Horn, Digital Temps, Global Windows, Twiddled some IOD cards off/on, Cameras at speed and Glare Free. I didn't back any of those out. All still working.

So at least in my case these Forscan changes didn't blow up FDRS updates. Your mileage may vary. Thanks again all!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Big shout out to @Lodans @Jesse-Infotainment @Livnitup @Snakebitten and others who helped me on this journey.

My 2021 Job 1 (March 5 build) has Bluecruise and is totally up to date as of Wednesday night. Until probably late today :)

I received 2.4.3 OTA on Tuesday and then went the 'No patience route" and updated to current SW versions with FDRS and a Mongoose.

I am in early experience program. Got the Bluecruise final steps email 3/18. Bluecruise was available immediately after installing the latest gateway update. So it is possible guys (gals).

These updates also fixed a number of other issues:
1) Pro Trailer backup stickers.. now work (was probably the TRM module update).
2) Mirrors fold/unfold as expected now. Problem was Profile/FOB 1 was autofold OFF. Profile/FOB 2 had autofold ON. When #2 locked the truck the mirrors folded.. As they should. If you unlock with #2 great. Unlock with #1 and the mirrors stayed folded. And the unfold button was D-E-A-D. Had to go into Sync and turn autofold on to get mirrors moving again. Been suffering with this SW bug for a year.
3) Cameras at speed!!!!

My running boards are dead.. kick switch nor any setting invoke a response. I saw someone else had this happen. Not sure why my truck was impacted and so many others were not. On the other hand I had Forscan changes in for Bambi, Double Horn, Digital Temps, Global Windows, Twiddled some IOD cards off/on, Cameras at speed and Glare Free. I didn't back any of those out. All still working.

So at least in my case these Forscan changes didn't blow up FDRS updates. Your mileage may vary. Thanks again all!
glad to hear> There is a fix for your boards provided by PlatinumPeasant He figured it out.. Huge find. Apparently after the DSM update there are a couple f bits set to zero that if you change to 1 will make them work again. If you look through the thread youll find it..

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
glad to hear> There is a fix for your boards provided by PlatinumPeasant He figured it out.. Huge find. Apparently after the DSM update there are a couple f bits set to zero that if you change to 1 will make them work again. If you look through the thread youll find it..
Found. Fixed. My 744-23-02 was 00xx xxxx xx for some reason. 01xx xxxx xx fixed it. Now looking for more mountains to climb. Trail Turn anyone?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Found. Fixed. My 744-23-02 was 00xx xxxx xx for some reason. 01xx xxxx xx fixed it. Now looking for more mountains to climb. Trail Turn anyone?
yeah. Only need a new ABS Module.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Same concern here. Always flips to green with self test.

I don’t have cams at speed either.
Don’t recommend PMI of IPMA according to other members. I’m going to do an alignment procedure on the IPMA later as recommended in a TSB. My main reason for doing so is that my BC is a little unstable at times. It hugs the right line a lot.

Edit: I’d like to add that I’m the guy that had 4 modules go purple for the obstacle detection sensors. I decided to PMI the IPMA and that didn’t do anything good so it went to the dealer for correction. This is why I think my IPMA may be a bit off on alignment as well.
Good thing I held off! I definitely don’t want more headaches.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Just did a IPC that’s started another APIM that completed and now another GWM showing 22028_Product Revisions 358. How many more APIM and GWM

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
My battery charger was DOA so I didn’t get all of the updates done yet. I had 3 odd issues afterwards. 2 only occurred the first time I drove it after the updates. The last issue is this running board issue.

Message came on that backup brake assist wasn’t available backing out of the garage. Next 2 times in the truck and backing up with no error.

The truck wouldn’t run on battery. I checked the power flow and it showed this message. It was 66 degrees out and I’ve been driving over 7 miles at this point. After we stopped for ~45 mins and left it was back to normal.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS D6B11430-7D05-4D9D-BE9F-1F491183E43F

If it helps anyone here are the updates I ran last night.
Door module (DDM)
Audio (DSP)
Gearshift (GSM)
Battery Energy Control (BECM)
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
Secondary On-Board Diag module C (SOBDMC)
Power train Control Module (PCM)
Driver Front Seat Module (DSM)
Door Module (DDM) - showed up again and disappeared after this update. 2 updates maybe. Both were successful.
Trailer Module (TRM)
Sponsored