Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I saved all my modules from way back before I started any updates, so I'll go ahead and save them all again so I'm current of sorts. Appreciate the the info!
No problem.
Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
How long did the TSB take to do?
About 20 minutes for the TSB itself, then you have to do the actual APIM update for 1.7.1 which is probably 45-60min in total accounting for the download and the restarts.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
My APIM USB update kicked and I have no idea why. It was the first one I tried once I had the FDRS/Mongoose setup, but no dice. So I went through every other update available and tried it one more time late this morning and just left the USB in. I was sent on an errand this evening and just for fun I checked my update switches and they were ON and there was only ONE.

I was driving so I couldn’t check my Sync version. When I got home I turned the truck off for about five minutes to unload some stuff and left the key in. When I started it back up to pull in the garage I checked my Sync and it was UPDATED. No version for months till today. Just then a message popped up saying update was successful and to remove the USB. I never saw the “Don’t remove USB” message. If there even was one.

Guess no need for the adapters that are showing up tomorrow.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
My APIM USB update kicked and I have no idea why. It was the first one I tried once I had the FDRS/Mongoose setup, but no dice. So I went through every other update available and tried it one more time late this morning and just left the USB in. I was sent on an errand this evening and just for fun I checked my update switches and they were ON and there was only ONE.

I was driving so I couldn’t check my Sync version. When I got home I turned the truck off for about five minutes to unload some stuff and left the key in. When I started it back up to pull in the garage I checked my Sync and it was UPDATED. No version for months till today. Just then a message popped up saying update was successful and to remove the USB. I never saw the “Don’t remove USB” message. If there even was one.

Guess no need for the adapters that are showing up tomorrow.
Must be nice

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
It will be about 3 hours.
You're exactly correct. Took about 3 hours. As I watched the blocks go by I realized they were getting done at a rate of about two per second.

I did the APIM this morning and it went okay except for the last part. It took, but I never got the message to remove the thumb drive and reinsert it into the computer until I'd shut everything down (needed to drive somewhere). So do I just put the thumb drive back into the computer when I get back home and then...select a menu option to somehow report this to HAL?

Mike

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You're exactly correct. Took about 3 hours. As I watched the blocks go by I realized they were getting done at a rate of about two per second.

I did the APIM this morning and it went okay except for the last part. It took, but I never got the message to remove the thumb drive and reinsert it into the computer until I'd shut everything down (needed to drive somewhere). So do I just put the thumb drive back into the computer when I get back home and then...select a menu option to somehow report this to HAL?

Mike
You need to leave it in until it is confirmed. Did the version change in the about screen. I have seen situations if you don’t wait the apim will continue to blank out like it’s flipping over and doesn’t.
If it stayed at the previous version you’ll have to run it again

if it flipped do a network scan so the servers can see it’s updated

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
You need to leave it in until it is confirmed. Did the version change in the about screen. I have seen situations if you don’t wait the apim will continue to blank out like it’s flipping over and doesn’t.
If it stayed at the previous version you’ll have to run it again

if it flipped do a network scan so the servers can see it’s updated
It did get updated to Synch ver 358. And when I used cruise control I got a message that BC was on and to pay attention......and fifteen seconds later I got told to keep my hands on the wheel! :LOL:

So when I got back home I connected up the computer and ran a network scan again and the APIM update was not in the list anymore but a new GWM update was that required a USB drive. I followed the instructions and got the message after it performed the update to shut down the truck. I've done that, disconnected the laptop, and left the thumb drive in, and will go back out and check the truck in about 15 minutes (I have the key here with me). It's my understanding that you have to completely shut down the truck and let it go dormant for a while before turning it back on to confirm the update passed. If I've got that wrong please advise.

Mike

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It did get updated to Synch ver 358. And when I used cruise control I got a message that BC was on and to pay attention......and fifteen seconds later I got told to keep my hands on the wheel! :LOL:

So when I got back home I connected up the computer and ran a network scan again and the APIM update was not in the list anymore but a new GWM update was that required a USB drive. I followed the instructions and got the message after it performed the update to shut down the truck. I've done that, disconnected the laptop, and left the thumb drive in, and will go back out and check the truck in about 15 minutes (I have the key here with me). It's my understanding that you have to completely shut down the truck and let it go dormant for a while before turning it back on to confirm the update passed. If I've got that wrong please advise.

Mike
No sounds like your are doin good

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Huzzah! I followed the TSB and it got the initial APIM update to load and get me past the 1.7.1 hump. I'll do a video on the process, but other than it seeming a bit "mickey mouse" with various adapters connecting to cables, etc., it all worked as planned.

The only nuance is I had the USB stick with the APIM update in the truck when I first ran the procedure in FDRS and it gave me a "failed" message. Removing the stick and restarting the procedure got things moving and I'm now doing my second APIM update!

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
the only one that was off on line was the 01-04

however I still do not have cameras at speed. I can turn on the camera when stopped but as soon as I start moving it goes away with no response from the hard button. Side screen with bed camera works fine
I also have a Job 1 Platinum. Switching 7D0-01-02 - AXXX-XXXX-XXXX causes my cameras at speed to fail. My cameras are working and I have 7D0-01-02 - 2XXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Your mileage may vary.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I also have a Job 1 Platinum. Switching 7D0-01-02 - AXXX-XXXX-XXXX causes my cameras at speed to fail. My cameras are working and I have 7D0-01-02 - 2XXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Your mileage may vary.
I appreciate the feedback. Jesse-Infotainment was indeed the calvary that got me back and running last night.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

Your mileage may vary.
This is interesting. The changes appear to be trim specific. I originally had a “2” and my cameras were not working until Jesse had me change it to an “A”. I have a Job 1 Lariat. It’s also possible that with all the changes made to the IPMA to get BlueCruise working, non-BC trucks like mine have different camera settings.

What do you have in the second block of 7D0-01-04? Mine originally was 7xxx, changed to Fxxx.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you have a job 1 that has not updated the IPMA then you will have a different experience than an IPMA that has been updated.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
If you have a job 1 that has not updated the IPMA then you will have a different experience than an IPMA that has been updated.
That makes sense. Have you seen differences in the APIM settings for Job 1 trucks that have the latest IPMA updates applied or do all trucks that have the most recent IPMA software have the same APIM settings for cameras at speed?

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
This is interesting. The changes appear to be trim specific. I originally had a “2” and my cameras were not working until Jesse had me change it to an “A”. I have a Job 1 Lariat. It’s also possible that with all the changes made to the IPMA to get BlueCruise working, non-BC trucks like mine have different camera settings.

What do you have in the second block of 7D0-01-04? Mine originally was 7xxx, changed to Fxxx.
Mine had a Exxx in that field and that was one of the two lines Jesse had me update to the Fxxx.
Sponsored