First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
OK, maybe I'm overly skeptical, but what makes that the "Actual" VCM2 other than that they didn't erase "Rotunda" on the label ?
At $300 I personally doubt it's any more OEM/acutal than, say, this one: Chinese knockoff
It could be a clone because the second picture doesn't have the VCM II imbedded in the case. I use a 2 board Chinese clone and it works great. Not all Chinese clones are the equal, there are 2 board and 1 board clones. The 2 board clones that use the Bosch firmware work as well as the Mongoose at less than half the cost.
Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
It could be a clone because the second picture doesn't have the VCM II imbedded in the case. I use a 2 board Chinese clone and it works great. Not all Chinese clones are the equal, there are 2 board and 1 board clones. The 2 board clones that use the Bosch firmware work as well as the Mongoose at less than half the cost.
Turkish firms do a lot of licensed production as subs to German industry. Don't know if that's the case here (i.e. Bosch) but I wouldn't be surprised. Turkish higher-end manufacturing is pretty reliable these days.