• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thread for people who haven’t got their Lightning yet to be grumpy in

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone here have a timeline on how long you are willing to wait given the rise in interest rates?
Eternity, but when I pass won't matter much, I'm NOT a GM or DODGE guy, so there is no alternative
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
What do we think the current issues are for the hold ups? While others around you are getting shipped, and yours isn’t… I don’t think it could be chip related.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What do we think the current issues are for the hold ups? While others around you are getting shipped, and yours isn’t… I don’t think it could be chip related.
Manpower to do what ever needs doing, I hope they make a lot of progress with catch-up over the next 2 weeks.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I reserved 5/21 and haven’t heard a peep from Ford yet.

Now I’m watching guys who reserved *MONTHS* AFTER me get build dates and deliveries while also watching interest rates rise, prices rise, and tax credits dry up.

Seriously, if any Ford execs see this…. Your ordering process SUCKS.
You do know that reservation date/time does not mean you will get an order invite in the order it was reserved?

It's not as simple as "first in - first out" that everyone seems to be expecting ?

Case in point: my buddy reserved on day 1 and I reserved on day 2.

Buddy chose his local nearby dealer without checking with the dealer that has low volume, low allocations, and does not move fleet sales - he is still waiting because his dealer only got 2 MY22 Lightning allocations. And his dealer (Chino Hills Ford) charges $10K ADM on a customer ordered vehicle.

I got an order invite even though I was way past 30,000 other reservations from day 1 - mine was a day 2 reservation. I spent a WHOLE day calling many dealers to find out allocation numbers for special orders, volume sales # and ADM. My dealer (Ken Grody Ford) is 2 counties away, but they have the largest number of fleet sales, Roush, Raptor, and F series truck sales which is what Ford uses to allocate. My dealer received 50 Lightning allocations.

My buddy changed his reservation over to Ken Grody and will be in line for a MY'23 with no ADM.

Sometimes it's well worth the extra distance and drive to find a dealer that will come thru for you.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
To me, it would have been cheaper for Ford to send a crew and materials to the truck to repair it on sight rather than ship it back to the factory. When I had a Honda Accord that had no business being shipped from the Marysville, Ohio factory, Honda sent a team to the dealer to look at the car and fix it. The dealership techs may have assisted, but it was a team of 5 folks from the factory that worked on the car for three days to make it right.
I called Ford chat and tried to make sense of what she was telling me, but she wasn't being very clear about it all. She kept telling me that my visibility report showed it still in Mesquite, but with other remarks and then the one from yesterday that stated Released to ramp 34 Mesquite. That doesn't quite make sense to me, and my dealer never responded to my request to send me a copy of my visibility report so I could see it instead of listening to someone try to read it to me.

It would be amazing if it sat at the dealer for 7 days and they actually shipped the parts down here only to have a dealer or maintenance team fix it. At this point I have no idea what has happened. I resubmitted a request for activation on Ford Pass, but no one has actually accepted or denied it. Given that it would have to have been loaded on a train in Mesquite and then unloaded in Dearborn, someone would have had to drive it and see that on the screen and hit the button one way or another.

My hopeful side is hoping that it stayed in Texas, but the other not hopeful side doesn't see it that way. At this point, I know nothing other than I received an email yesterday afternoon saying my truck was built with an estimated delivery of July 24th.

Sponsored

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm gonna give it this week to see if I'm going to join the salty crew over my lightning hold ups... Since some 5/23(s) blends are moving... waiting to see if 5/24(s) move...

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
I'm gonna give it this week to see if I'm going to join the salty crew over my lightning hold ups... Since some 5/23(s) blends are moving... waiting to see if 5/24(s) move...
I'm a 5/23 blend date and its now 25 days since 6/2 showed up as in production. I dont have a lot of hope the a lot of the 5/23 trucks will be shipping any time soon.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
IMO there must be some rework/replacement/testing needed on early builds and with a FILO approach, it really looks bad. In that regard, I am okay waiting 75 days (so far) for my order to get scheduled, assuming my truck goes right to a train car once built.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Wave 4 ordered 2/17. Should i prepare myself for the possibility that they may push my build to the MY23 model?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Wave 4 ordered 2/17. Should i prepare myself for the possibility that they may push my build to the MY23 model?
Not at all, you will be getting a build week very soon, the wait is nearly over.
I think the scheduling will hit next week now that the WAVE-7 ordering window is closed.
They could determine the build schedule for the rest of the year if resources are in hand.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Manpower to do what ever needs doing, I hope they make a lot of progress with catch-up over the next 2 weeks.
I also wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to manage the date they hit 200,000 so they can maximize the tax credit for customers... they get an extra 3 months to deliver at $7,500 credit if they push a couple of days.

Tesla was watching that date closely too.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I also wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to manage the date they hit 200,000 so they can maximize the tax credit for customers... they get an extra 3 months to deliver at $7,500 credit if they push a couple of days.

Tesla was watching that date closely too.
With a stop-sale on Mach-E, I doubt Ford hits the limit this quarter.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Over a week past blend date after being pushed 3 times.

bravo
Sponsored