Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Well, 6 months ago everyone was saying the Pro would be a great deal even at $50k. I guess Ford is really listening!

Sigh…
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
WOW.

$15,000 delta from an XLT SR to a Lariat SR?

$22,500 increase from an XLT SR to an XLT ER. Is the extra battery GOLD?

$80,974 for an XLT ER, with cloth seats! That is $1,000 more than my loaded 22 Lariat ER.

I would not not buy a MY23 at these prices. I think they are over gauging demand.

The initial price jump put me in the same thought for the most part.

I had wanted a PRO and was going to go up to $44k with options, and then started contemplating maybe jumping into an XLT depending on the price difference.

...and then the increase happened, on top of the PRO not being available for me to order at the time I got the Wave 3 invite, so then for the same options I initially wanted I am now spending an additional $20k.

That is a lot of money for carpeting and cloth seats.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
I just checked the build and price tool. It's back to the $46,974 MSRP price. This was just a technical glitch on the build and price tool. Everyone should calm down on this one. The $51,974 price that's in this screenshot is the MSRP with the mobile charger, Tow Tech, Max Trailer Tow Package, and Pro Power Onboard added to the Pro. Ford didn't actually increase the base Pro Trim.
Just built one with everything you listed and base price is $51,974. Adding/removing mobile charger doesn't change MSRP as others have stated. Looks like an MSRP increase.

Ford F-150 Lightning New price increase again - $5K on 2023 Lightning firefox_SkRHLiPgLK

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I just tried as well. Definitely a price hike again. I feel bad for the day one people pushed back in line because of dealer prioritization that still haven't had a chance to order. I bet you any money GM is watching and their WT will start at mid $50's.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I just tried as well. Definitely a price hike again. I feel bad for the day one people pushed back in line because of dealer prioritization that still haven't had a chance to order. I bet you any money GM is watching and their WT will start at mid $50's.
Whenever they decide to make the WT version in 2024

Sponsored
First Name
Jelani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
Data Engineer
Just built one with everything you listed and base price is $51,974. Adding/removing mobile charger doesn't change MSRP as others have stated. Looks like an MSRP increase.

firefox_SkRHLiPgLK.png
Pre-Options (Mobile Charger included)
Ford F-150 Lightning New price increase again - $5K on 2023 Lightning Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.47.13 PM

Tow Tech Added (Mobile Charger included)
Ford F-150 Lightning New price increase again - $5K on 2023 Lightning Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.48.38 PM

Yeah I see what you mean. I think it's a bug because without any options I'm seeing the $46.9K MSRP. Add any package and it adds another $5K to the MSRP plus the tow tech package price of $1,950. Something funky is going on with the build and price tool.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For what it's worth, there hasn't been a revision to the Price Guide for the Lightning since August 9th. The price of the Pro is still $46974 in the guide.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Well if this turns out to be an actual price increase, it’s obvious that Ford doesn’t want to sell a cheap truck. In doing so this will just become a niche part of their truck lineup and will never takeoff.
Heck with the $7000 price increase already most people won’t do this and will just stick with a gas truck

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
The sticker on my Pro was $45.6k. Just built the same truck on the Build and Price site and the sticker is $58.4. Yikes.
I do not think I would be in at that price even with the tax credit factored in.

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
For what it's worth, there hasn't been a revision to the Price Guide for the Lightning since August 9th. The price of the Pro is still $46974 in the guide.
For what it is worth, on the Ford website it still has the 2022 Lightning listed and not the 2023. It also still has a starting price of $39,974 on the website. Come on Ford, you can do better!

Bait & switch, advertise an affordable all electric truck for the masses under $40K. Get the President to test drive. Get free press advertising the affordable all electric truck. Get the president of Ford and all the VPs to go on different shows and interviews for the better part of a year touting their affordable truck under $40K. Then only produce less than 500 at that price and when no one is looking raise the price by almost 28%!

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
$22,500 increase from an XLT SR to an XLT ER. Is the extra battery GOLD?
Nope. Most people don't drive more than 200 miles in a day. Unless you want to use truck for long distance travel... SR is more than enough. Since we have small kids last thing I want to do is add another pit stop when we travel.

I've SR. I have not found range lacking. We have another 4x4 for long distance/inter state travel.

One more thing... i typically get 230 miles on a 90% charge limit that i've set (one paddle drive on). Work commute is 25 miles and have a charger available there as well. For my situation SR is perfect and turned out to the right call.

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
2015-16 reports were showing that Ford makes about 13k profit per each ice f150 sold. When people made that report it included all R&D costs to produce those trucks.
I wonder if recent reorganization into “separate” ev company puts R&D and costs into electric only model, putting the pressure to drive the price up to keep the profit $ at similar to ICE trucks. If they were to dilute the lightning into overall F150 or god forbid F series trucks sales and margins they could’ve given lightnings for free since it’s less than 2% by number of units sold. I’m joking of course about free trucks but there clearly was room to hold their word on pricing for 200k pre-order holders. By the time Ford meets 200k lightnings there will be 10 million ICE F series profit puppies in the wild.
F-ing shame on random price increases…