Sponsored

What is this guy even talking about?

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
It’s like I don’t own the same truck as him. Him saying you need to use the app to charge the car and all his charging issues? Besides the occasional anxiety about whether EA will be working I have almost none. I just plug in at home, chargepoint at work, or EA/EVGO if traveling, and if just charges.

Seriously, I don’t get it.

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
It’s like I don’t own the same truck as him. Him saying you need to use the app to charge the car and all his charging issues? Besides the occasional anxiety about whether EA will be working I have almost none. I just plug in at home, chargepoint at work, or EA/EVGO if traveling, and if just charges.

Clickbaiters gonna click bait. 🤷‍♀️

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if he's a member of our forum, he mentioned being active on one.....

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
His problem is he thinks Ford is like Tesla, and it's not. He's not wrong on a lot of things, with exceptions to him buying a cheap extension cord and not understanding that the app is not needed to charge. But until Ford wakes up and listens to it's consumers, it's best to plan out your trip using ABRP and Plugshare.

He is right about the app. It is ruining a great product. Of course, FordPass has been terrible since it launched about 7 years ago, so I wouldn't expect it to improve anytime soon. Same with the charging network and how it interfaces with the navigation. He keeps thinking it should act like Tesla, and it really should, but they have a closed system.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

You don't have to get it.

YT influencers have a way of making you click on their post.

Just have take some influencers with a grain of salt...

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I watched this video just a few moments ago.

1) The app is a pain at times, though it seems to be getting better.

2) He complains about charging. Well, he owned an EV before so he should have some idea of the logistical issues of it. I have never owned one before but have had good and bad experiences when on the few longer trips I've needed.

3) He is shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, that he LOST range in an EV going uphill to the mountains, AND that he lost more range when he left said EV outside in the cold. Who would have thunk it?

4) He is shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, to realize that he has to plan out charging stops. No freaking way! Sort of like needing to fuel up an ICE vehicle. That being said, I do agree that it is a pain in the backside to find some these tucked away chargers.

Makes me remember what my Drill Instructors told us....Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
I wonder if he's a member of our forum, he mentioned being active on one.....
I blasted him and blocked him on Facebook. The problem is that he got 100k views on that video.

I am working on a 6miles video update, but mine will receive less than 100 views because I do not have issues lol

i should write: why a regret I bought a Lightning? So that I can clickbait and then end it with: Because I should’ve bought one more to replace my other vehicle… F the haters

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Watching the video brings him revenue. Don't.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
His problem is he thinks Ford is like Tesla, and it's not. He's not wrong on a lot of things, with exceptions to him buying a cheap extension cord and not understanding that the app is not needed to charge. But until Ford wakes up and listens to it's consumers, it's best to plan out your trip using ABRP and Plugshare.

He is right about the app. It is ruining a great product. Of course, FordPass has been terrible since it launched about 7 years ago, so I wouldn't expect it to improve anytime soon. Same with the charging network and how it interfaces with the navigation. He keeps thinking it should act like Tesla, and it really should, but they have a closed system.
Spent 4 hours at my dealer yesterday to fix my Fordpass connection issues and WIfi connectivity. This is a big dealer in Charlotte region. After 4 hours they gave it back to me saying the download (that took 4 hours. Must have dial up) didn't work. They know there is a big problem out there put they are at a loss. They will contact Ford to see what they want to do and get back. Meanwhile our Model Y software and its over the air updates just continue to show me why they will be dominating the EV space for a long time.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I watched this video just a few moments ago.

1) The app is a pain at times, though it seems to be getting better.

2) He complains about charging. Well, he owned an EV before so he should have some idea of the logistical issues of it. I have never owned one before but have had good and bad experiences when on the few longer trips I've needed.

3) He is shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, that he LOST range in an EV going uphill to the mountains, AND that he lost more range when he left said EV outside in the cold. Who would have thunk it?

4) He is shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, to realize that he has to plan out charging stops. No freaking way! Sort of like needing to fuel up an ICE vehicle. That being said, I do agree that it is a pain in the backside to find some these tucked away chargers.

Makes me remember what my Drill Instructors told us....Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Just pretend it's a big R/C car and it makes sense. Load, hills, and cold drains battery.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
As a rule of thumb, negative videos have a better chance of going viral than positive ones.

He's done this before with a negative video about towing, but unlike channels like TFLTruck or State of Charge who use more objective testing methods, he seems to just shoot for click bait.

I'm going to shoot some new videos for two of my YouTube channels from the perspective of a real owner.

Although we vent some of our frustrations about quirks on these forums, I can say that this truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned, and by a wide margin.
Sponsored