• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I assume also that this is just adaptive cruise control, and not intelligent adaptive cruise control, right? Would there be a way to make it the intelligent version?
Sponsored

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Insurance executive
Thanks for pointing out Katzkin. I actually have heated seats in my XLT. Was it deleted for you?
No. Just an oversight. Based on what Iā€˜ve been reading on the wrinkles in the OEM leather, I may be glad to go the Katzkin route. Are you happy with your leather?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I assume also that this is just adaptive cruise control, and not intelligent adaptive cruise control, right? Would there be a way to make it the intelligent version?
Video thumbnail shows it recognizing traffic signs so with our cameras and having the connected/nav I would assume it's the intelligent ACC.

I've had my parts sitting in a box for a while now but haven't had time to pull the truck apart yet.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Probably took me 4 hours, completely unfamiliar with the disassembly. If you noticed above, Iā€™m still having some trouble getting the sensor recognized so yesterday I took everything off again just to double check all connections. This time being familiar, I was able to get bumper off and back on within an hour.

Im not sure, but Iā€™m doubtful a dealership would do this. Maybe an independent shop.

I have the same complaints as you. Luckily, 3 of those 4 I know for sure can be added. I already added heated/cooled seats and heated wheel. Someone else has done fold mirrors and I have parts on the way to do mine. Keyless entry I havenā€™t seen completed yet, but I know someone is working on it. When I say keyless entry, I mean the button on the door handles. Iā€™m wanting the button on driver and passenger door handles.
Do you have a link for the folding mirrors thread? I haven't been able to find anything and I'd like to add that as well. If you ever figure out the keyless entry too, I'm interested in that also as I love it on my wife's car.

It honestly blows me away how much can be added to this truck; everything that I would have missed can just be put in myself!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Those looking to do this on a 2023 Pro...you may want to hold off on getting parts at the moment.

It is not Plug and Play. There is a missing connection as posted above (link to the other forum). My parts are arriving soon, hopefully we can figure it out. @Brotato is tackling this too.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Do you have a link for the folding mirrors thread? I haven't been able to find anything and I'd like to add that as well. If you ever figure out the keyless entry too, I'm interested in that also as I love it on my wife's car.

It honestly blows me away how much can be added to this truck; everything that I would have missed can just be put in myself!
Everything we know, so far, is in the Forscan thread.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
@BennyTheBeaver and @Brotato , I checked my harness going into my IPMA. It looks like I'm prewired. Just adding a data point for you if you guys are looking into things.
C62B17DC-9B9A-43A8-9298-6745D6E83673.jpeg
Thank you, so far it looks like 2022 XLT is good, 2023 Pro needs extra wiring. Unknown on 2023 XLT or 2022 Pro.

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hmm maybe. I have 311a. I just scanned the post you linked and Iā€™ll look closely after work and start checking connectors. Iā€™m comfortable running additional wiring so at least this still should be possible for me. Thanks for the suggestion, thatā€™s a big help.
I checked my 22 XLT and it is populated.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT PXL_20230329_163658056

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Any idea what my issue could be? I'm still not getting the CCM to be found in forscan.
Missing wires. It's not going to magically appear so you can stop trying.

Last edited:

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Missing wires. It's not going to magically appear so you can stop trying.
Haha I love the simplicity. So if I have the right harness plugged into the CCM and I'm prewired for CCM, I'm missing something in between you think? According to the diagram (found on the ICE forum), there are intermediaries between them. Sorry, not sure what I should be saying correctly.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1646156114354

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Haha I love the simplicity. So if I have the right harness plugged into the CCM and I'm prewired for CCM, I'm missing something in between you think? According to the diagram (found on the ICE forum), there are intermediaries between them. Sorry, not sure what I should be saying correctly.
1646156114354.png
The simplicity of my response is due to not knowing what wires or the solution at the moment. I haven't actually attempted the install yet, just repeating what I've heard and read from another attempting it on a 2023 Pro.

I just saw you repeating your question with no one answering...

Edit: Just realized you have a 2022 XLT, my response isn't applicable to your install. I'm sorry.

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
No offense taken or intended. I was asking you directly in case you didnā€™t see my earlier question and knew more about what could be going on. Iā€™m guessing it might be wires šŸ˜‚

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Those looking to do this on a 2023 Pro...you may want to hold off on getting parts at the moment.

It is not Plug and Play. There is a missing connection as posted above (link to the other forum). My parts are arriving soon, hopefully we can figure it out. @Brotato is tackling this too.
I'm assuming the issue would be across the pro version entierly, and not just ones that were missing certain options (like max towing or tow tech)? I probably have a few months before I would get my truck anyway, so hopefully you guys will have things figured out by then. Thanks for all the work you're doing!
Sponsored