First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I think you're right, I had LKA before I added ACC. LKA is a shit product thought IMO, Not sure I'd flex even a single brain cell for it, unless you're end goal is lane centering.
Sponsored

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
how do you know which harness you need for certain? Just bought everything with the "NA" harness.... thanks

Ive got a 22 pro with tow tech. both wiring areas in the cab have the wires. didn't check the wires behind bumper.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
how do you know which harness you need for certain? Just bought everything with the "NA" harness.... thanks

Ive got a 22 pro with tow tech. both wiring areas in the cab have the wires. didn't check the wires behind bumper.
Befriend a dealer parts guy to check the descriptions of the bumper harnesses if you are unsure.

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Did anyone have codes that were different than the listed changes needed? I’ve found several. Such as I have E instead of A, and your supposed to change A to B….

you find codes on livinitup and then figure out what is different about your own then figure out what to change it to ?
I also had like an 8 instead of a 1, but on livinitup there weren’t even 8s listed on a specific code.
Help greatly appreciated!

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Did anyone have codes that were different than the listed changes needed? I’ve found several. Such as I have E instead of A, and your supposed to change A to B….

you find codes on livinitup and then figure out what is different about your own then figure out what to change it to ?
I also had like an 8 instead of a 1, but on livinitup there weren’t even 8s listed on a specific code.
Yes, I remember a few of mine were already set to what the original DIY said to change them too, also on ones where they didn't make sense I was able to look at Livnitup's sheet and understand what was needed fairly easy. Always save your config, then with a little trial and error you will most likely get it. And if not just ask here.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Hi any helpful forum go'ers: Can someone view my C265? connector and help me identify if I have the correct wires already?

I believe I have them, but I am a bit colorblind, and going mainly on location.

Image taken with connector still seated.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT PXL_20230616_014120917

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi any helpful forum go'ers: Can someone view my C265? connector and help me identify if I have the correct wires already?

I believe I have them, but I am a bit colorblind, and going mainly on location.

Image taken with connector still seated.

PXL_20230616_014120917.png
"A bit colorblind" is unfortunate. I can't really be sure of your tiny arrows, grab a friend or family member to review your colors to be safe.

From a previous post
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681018109449-

Once you get this female end released you can pull it out and bring it down to have just enough room to work on it. You pry and release the retainer like this
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681018270260-

Once you have the retainer out you remove the pins with a pic in a very similar fashion to C134.
I left the factory female pins crimped on and simply inserted them into WAGO in-line Lever-Nuts
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681018474751-

T

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

There's a decent chance that if you only have tow tech you won't have the wires run. I've been talking to another guy with a 23 pro with tow tech and he didn't have them. Might be worth the work to double check on everything

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
There's a decent chance that if you only have tow tech you won't have the wires run. I've been talking to another guy with a 23 pro with tow tech and he didn't have them. Might be worth the work to double check on everything
okay good to know. I have tow tech and pro power onboard. just not the max tow... we shall see! Ill pull the bumper and check when parts get here.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
okay good to know. I have tow tech and pro power onboard. just not the max tow... we shall see! Ill pull the bumper and check when parts get here.
He didn't have pro power either, so you might be good. So far the Pros that have tow tech, max towing and pro power seem to have the wires, so it might just be a pro power thing

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
He didn't have pro power either, so you might be good. So far the Pros that have tow tech, max towing and pro power seem to have the wires, so it might just be a pro power thing
My 23 Pro has pro power and max tow, but no tow tech. I'm not prewired, not even at the IPMA connector.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
My 23 Pro has pro power and max tow, but no tow tech. I'm not prewired, not even at the IPMA connector.
Oh wow, you're the first one I've heard of that didn't have it at the ipma

Nate880

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT & 2023 Lightning Pro
I just want to say thank you to all that helped figure this out. Your posts, pics, and videos were of great help to me and I was able to successfully install ACC on my '23 Pro (w/ Tow Tech, Max Tow, and Pro Power). It was my first time dealing with FORScan which was a little intimidating, but with all the great info on here I was able to complete this without too many issues.

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Okay, today I got the parts in, made sure I had wiring going to harness behind the bumper. Check.

installed everything, no big issues, took maybe 1 1/2 hours. check.

performed forscan changes without issues, it recognized CCM. check.

drove around performing calibration. only took about 10 minutes drive and stated successfully complete. check.

on first attempts, just says adaptive cruise not available. I went ahead and unplugged the 12 volt battery when i got home to maybe bypass the overnight waiting as some others did to get it all working. anyone else try this? ill go hook it back up and report back.

and for future reference my 22' pro had all the wiring and had Tow tech and pro power. no max tow.

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
okay fyi, the battery connect, disconnect didn't work. guess we will just see what transpires overnight? anything else I should check?
Sponsored