Sponsored

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
you do not have them, and you can compare your 23 PRO with my 22 PRO with Tow Tech...
Yeah :( Thats what I thought. What a bummer. Thanks for confirming. Seems like it won't be possible for me to add it.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I've read through a portion of this thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-co-pilot-assist-2-0-with-forscan.5028/ and it seems that people there without the wires at the dash were able to get it working. But, of course, that isn't the same as lightning-it's the regular F-150s.

Is it possible that I could still do it the way they did by directly wiring the module? Has anyone done that in a lightning yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Yeah :( Thats what I thought. What a bummer. Thanks for confirming. Seems like it won't be possible for me to add it.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I've read through a portion of this thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-co-pilot-assist-2-0-with-forscan.5028/ and it seems that people there without the wires at the dash were able to get it working. But, of course, that isn't the same as lightning-it's the regular F-150s.

Is it possible that I could still do it the way they did by directly wiring the module? Has anyone done that in a lightning yet?
I'm on the same boat (Pro without Tow Tech, no wires at the IPMA). I read the same thread you're referring to a little while back and it also seemed to me that the conversion may be possible without the 360 cameras. If it in fact is possible, it might actually be a simpler job since the bumper harness would no longer need to be replaced. You would just need to find a pigtail adapter to run from the new radar sensor directly to those 4 pins at the IPMA. We just need someone to to be the first to try this. <Touches nose>.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

Thanks again.

I know someone that has a 23 Pro with no additional upgrades, and he has it working on his truck. I think he had the wiring for the impa though, don't know why you wouldn't. I thought all the lightnings had had it so far. Honestly, even without the wires if you just have to run them over to under the glove compartment (which is I believe where they go, someone correct me if I'm wrong) it's actually REALLY easy. Just have to pull a couple of pieces of trim off from beside the footwells and run the wires through there. It's an annoyance, but not bad honestly.

Last edited:

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
I know someone that has a 23 Pro with no additional upgrades, and he has it working on his truck. I think he had the wiring for the impa though, don't know why you wouldn't. I thought all the lightnings had had it so far. Honestly, even without the wires if you just have to run them over to under the glove compartment (which is I believe where they go, someone correct me if I'm wrong) it's actually REALLY easy. Just have to pull a couple of pieces of trim off from beside the footwells and run the wires through there. It's an annoyance, but not bad honestly.
Any recommendations on where we can find more details on these retrofit steps for a base Pro config'd with no options? :)

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I think what needs to be done based on reading the ICE F-150 thread is wire the new radar module directly to the module at the drivers side. You basically skip needing to route it through the passenger kick well. At least that is my understanding but someone more experienced than me probably needs to chime in haha. I don’t imagine it’s much different than the ICE but just in case.

they even found the right part number for a pigtail adapter to wire it! And you don’t need the wire harness. But, again, it’s not a lightning. So I’m hesitant to try to be the first haha. I’m still new to mods that aren’t plug and play.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Any recommendations on where we can find more details on these retrofit steps for a base Pro config'd with no options? :)
I guess he had the wiring at the impa connection. He said he never checked it though, but everything works for him

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think what needs to be done based on reading the ICE F-150 thread is wire the new radar module directly to the module at the drivers side. You basically skip needing to route it through the passenger kick well. At least that is my understanding but someone more experienced than me probably needs to chime in haha. I don’t imagine it’s much different than the ICE but just in case.

they even found the right part number for a pigtail adapter to wire it! And you don’t need the wire harness. But, again, it’s not a lightning. So I’m hesitant to try to be the first haha. I’m still new to mods that aren’t plug and play.
Some potential bad news about us Pro owners without tow-tech...

I started playing around with FORscan and noticed that some key modules are not available (such as IPMA and PSCM). Without access to programming these, it would seem that this mod is simply not possible.

I have the extended license and the OBD cable recommended by Livnitup. I'm new to FORscan, so maybe there's something else I'm doing wrong that I'm not aware of? Further, some of the modules that I do have access to have limited 'Write' options - I've seen at least a few addresses that do not have a 'Write' option that are needed for this mod.

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

I started playing around with FORscan and noticed that some key modules are not available (such as IPMA and PSCM). Without access to programming these, it would seem that this mod is simply not possible.

I have the extended license and the OBD cable recommended by Livnitup. I'm new to FORscan, so maybe there's something else I'm doing wrong that I'm not aware of? Further, some of the modules that I do have access to have limited 'Write' options - I've seen at least a few addresses that do not have a 'Write' option that are needed for this mod.
hi, I just responded to you in your other thread. I 100% have the ipma module as you should too. In addition since my last comment I also verified that the PSCM module also appearad.

I went through and backed up all on my modules one by one. Here’s a screenshot of the ones I backed up.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT image

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

You need to have a compatible OBD cable.... I had to buy another cable because the one I had wasn't listed on Forscan's website to able to complete the programming for my ACC install. I ran into the same issue of not being able to access those modules with my older cable that had used for my 2018 F150 to program the speedometer with larger tires in Forscan.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, I got it now. Thanks for @grantmethepower for his suggestion to not load a saved profile in FORscan. Now I have all the modules and made a full backup.

I brought this up earlier in this thread: I'm wondering if, through FORscan changes only (no hardware), I can get my truck to activate just LKA. Presumably, LKA works purely off of the existing camera on the windshield (it should have nothing to do with the radar sensor for ACC). Going through the FORscan changes needed for ACC+LKA, I'm trying to find those that pertain only to LKA. So far I see two obvious ones:

APIM: 7D0-09-04 xxxx xxxx *x-- (change 0 to 2)
PSCM: 730-02-02 xxxx xx** xx-- (change 00 to FF)

I made those two changes with no results. Very likely that I'm grasping at straws here. Any thoughts or suggestion?

Sponsored

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Ok, I got it now. Thanks for @grantmethepower for his suggestion to not load a saved profile in FORscan. Now I have all the modules and made a full backup.

I brought this up earlier in this thread: I'm wondering if, through FORscan changes only (no hardware), I can get my truck to activate just LKA. Presumably, LKA works purely off of the existing camera on the windshield (it should have nothing to do with the radar sensor for ACC). Going through the FORscan changes needed for ACC+LKA, I'm trying to find those that pertain only to LKA. So far I see two obvious ones:

APIM: 7D0-09-04 xxxx xxxx *x-- (change 0 to 2)
PSCM: 730-02-02 xxxx xx** xx-- (change 00 to FF)

I made those two changes with no results. Very likely that I'm grasping at straws here. Any thoughts or suggestion?
Which truck do you have? I have a base model pro-literally zero options. It has Lane Keep Assist as standard, no FORscan changes required. It does only use the camera-same as the precollison assist.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Which truck do you have? I have a base model pro-literally zero options. It has Lane Keep Assist as standard, no FORscan changes required. It does only use the camera-same as the precollison assist.
I also have a base Pro. I have lane assist too (the "ping pong" type). I guess I'm referring to Lane Centering, which actually helps you stay centered in the lane.

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I also have a base Pro. I have lane assist too (the "ping pong" type). I guess I'm referring to Lane Centering, which actually helps you stay centered in the lane.
Ah, yes. Lane Centering is different. I do not think you can have that without having the ACC.

Are you going to be installing the radar module and running the wires from the drivers side IPMA directly to it?

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ah, yes. Lane Centering is different. I do not think you can have that without having the ACC.
But why though? As far as I understand it, the radar module for ACC has nothing to do with lane centering. The only sensor used for LC should be the camera on the windshield. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see why LC is not possible without ACC.

Are you going to be installing the radar module and running the wires from the drivers side IPMA directly to it?
Yeah that's exactly what I would do. I'm just not super motivated to be the first to try (who doesn't have tow-tech)!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I simply don't think that Ford would NOT provide Lane Centering to PROs just because they wanted to 'withhold' it, even though all the software was already there.... I can't believe that it would just be a software change, it HAS to be hardware related - the RADAR does more than just 'adaptive' in the sense of sensing other vehicles ahead, it also 'reads' where you are between the stripes, and MAINTAINS you in the center of the two. It is much more robust for the needs of lane centering than cameras can handle.
Now, Lane KEEPING is different. It uses CAMERAS to 'see' the stripes, and keep you from getting too CLOSE to one - turning the wheel to avoid that, which is why the vehicle only 'ping pongs' between stripes when you only have Lane Keeping.
Sponsored