OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
I’ve been waiting 4 weeks and my dealer basically told me we’ll call you don’t call us. Very frustrating.
Call FMC BEV hotline 866-631-3788, they were able to share ETA details with me on battery modules.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Call FMC BEV hotline 866-631-3788, they were able to share ETA details with me on battery modules.
Thanks! They said it was in transit to ship meaning it hasn’t shipped. Did they tell you yours has shipped?

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm looking for folks who had these two alerts (and you you solved them.) At 10:05 AM Thursday the 10th of August I got two alerts, "High-Voltage Battery Warning" and "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power." I happed to be near the dealer so I dropped it off. 48 hours later, they have still not yet begun to trouble shoot. I'd love to hear from others who had one (or both) of these messages and how you solved them. Note, I did not get power reduced (as I see other folks have had.) The truck still drove fine (albeit for less than 15 miles. Thank you for any help you can provide.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Thanks! They said it was in transit to ship meaning it hasn’t shipped. Did they tell you yours has shipped?
I was able to pin it down with some persistence, yes.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

Sponsored

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Got a non BEV customer rep, then was told that was the wrong rep, then got a new non BEV rep (and case number), then transferred to a BEV rep (with a new case number, I guess that starts a new clock, so the non-response doesn't count against metrics). The BEV rep said "Module will ship when we safely can." Whatever that means. No ETA available.

Shorevet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, GT500, Ranger, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for folks who had these two alerts (and you you solved them.) At 10:05 AM Thursday the 10th of August I got two alerts, "High-Voltage Battery Warning" and "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power." I happed to be near the dealer so I dropped it off. 48 hours later, they have still not yet begun to trouble shoot. I'd love to hear from others who had one (or both) of these messages and how you solved them. Note, I did not get power reduced (as I see other folks have had.) The truck still drove fine (albeit for less than 15 miles. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Same thing happened to me this morning. At dealer now. Seems to be a common issue and lack of experienced technicians and supply chain making for ridicules wait times for repairs. Last month hit with the $10k depreciation in one month due to price drop and now this. Ford has a lot of quality issues. My wife’s 2021 ranger has been at dealer for two weeks with transmission issues. No estimate on when they can look at it.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Same thing happened to me this morning. At dealer now. Seems to be a common issue and lack of experienced technicians and supply chain making for ridicules wait times for repairs. Last month hit with the $10k depreciation in one month due to price drop and now this. Ford has a lot of quality issues. My wife’s 2021 ranger has been at dealer for two weeks with transmission issues. No estimate on when they can look at it.
Sucks. Ford has got to improve this.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
add a pole to this thread to get a feel for how many people are getting the High Voltage Warning and Powertrain Malfunction alarms
Sucks. Ford has got to improve this.
Curious if folks having problems with HVB are doing a lot of DCFC or mostly Level 2? Wish Ford would have a diagnostics screen with OBD info and number of charges, etc. Let me know mileage or other pertinent details in your replies, so I can add to tracking of these problems in the spreadsheet--link in my signature below:

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
1. 9,900 miles
2. Purchased June 2022
3. I have only DC charged three times (all around Thanksgiving, 2022)
4. Charged to 80% on those 3 DC charges.
5. Usually charge to 90% on Level 2 charges

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Lariat extended range purchased 12/6/22. 9,000 miles. 90 percent of charging was done at home on the Ford Charges station pro at 80 amps. Received the dreaded HVB / Powertrain failure after 6 months of ownership. Day 48 out of service at the dealership. They’ve had all the parts needed for weeks but haven’t even looked at my truck yet.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Curious if folks having problems with HVB are doing a lot of DCFC or mostly Level 2? Wish Ford would have a diagnostics screen with OBD info and number of charges, etc. Let me know mileage or other pertinent details in your replies, so I can add to tracking of these problems in the spreadsheet--link in my signature below:
a little over 10,000
Purchased January 2023
95% level 2 charging

Shorevet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, GT500, Ranger, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Delivery April 23
5300 miles
DCFC only three times to 90% while on trip
Level 2 (FMC MC) at home to 90% usually twice a week

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I strongly encourage everyone who experiences a powertrain failure, receives an HVB warning message, or receives a notice from Ford of a defective battery module, to file a complaint at NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).

As Lightning owners on this forum have described, losing power while driving is a very serious safety issue.

Due to the increasing number of forum posts on the battery module issue, I believe this issue is much larger in scope than it may appear. I believe the "Customer Service Program" is an attempt to keep the battery issues under the radar. The battery issues demand an independent full investigation and public disclosure.

Filing a complaint is quick and easy at this link ...

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle
Sponsored