• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
I was on 6.2 this one just showed up.
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity IMG_4250
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Before it was over by 50 + miles now its the opposite down by to 4 miles.

Screenshot_20231206-175200_FordPass.jpg
Interestingly, my last charge session also added 20.7 KWH of energy but look at my miles about 53 or 54 depending on which report to trust, reality is I did not travel that number of miles yesterday, we only went about 24 miles!

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1701917991572
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1701918045187

Actual energy consumed is 24.6 KWH which includes "plugged in" remote start to warm up the truck, that process uses about ~1.5 KWH per Emporia Vue2, my FCSP went offline this evening, I need to do a reboot in the morning, might do it now, because if I wait, I'll likely lose Thursday mornings charging data. The FCSP cloud servers are the culprit and FORD needs to fix it!! I known this to be a fact, as I can access the FCSP server on my home network, but it can't communicate with the mothership and that's a problem on the FORD cloud side of this issue.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1701918283932

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I was on 6.2 this one just showed up.
IMG_4250.jpeg
Do you know how long it took to download?

I'm went through 6.1, 6.2 then 6.3. Then I got the re-release of 6.2 a few weeks back.

I have a download right now - started the truck to kick it off. I waited 40 minutes and it hadn't completed the download. I power cycled the truck and the screen says it is downloading, but I never got the download icon at the top of the screen. I assume it is and will install when complete.

@rugedraw - are you on by chance - take a look at 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253 and see if I'm really downloading and if there is any info indicating what SW release we've got a few people picking up. Seems the release notes are cryptic and don't give much indication.

My screen shot:

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity IMG_5383

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022

I'm went through 6.1, 6.2 then 6.3. Then I got the re-release of 6.2 a few weeks back.

I have a download right now - started the truck to kick it off. I waited 40 minutes and it hadn't completed the download. I power cycled the truck and the screen says it is downloading, but I never got the download icon at the top of the screen. I assume it is and will install when complete.

@rugedraw - are you on by chance - take a look at 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253 and see if I'm really downloading and if there is any info indicating what SW release we've got a few people picking up. Seems the release notes are cryptic and don't give much indication.

My screen shot:
IMG_5383.jpeg
Have no idea it just showed up. I have cell plan on my truck though so updates just happen usually during the day when I am at work.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER

My screen shot:
IMG_5383.jpeg
It took me almost 30 mins to download but my cell coverage is poor, so that may have slowed it down.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

My screen shot:
PTS shows it went through. A no name GWM update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity Screenshot_20231206_223445_Chrome

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thank you sir for the check and update. Truck does show it installed now, I guess I gave up too soon.

I have nothing more to share than others and what you report. I have the same note now with no numbers. Just a simple update with improvements.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Second string checking in, this posted after I parked the truck at our current destination. Third trip of the day.

I must have gotten 6.3.0 at some point but I don't recall when.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity SmartSelect_20231211_132550_FordPass

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Second string checking in, this posted after I parked the truck at our current destination. Third trip of the day.

SmartSelect_20231211_132550_FordPass.jpg
6.4 is downloading now for me. I never received 6.3 since my sequence went from 6.2 to 6.2 Update to 6.4. I wonder if 6.3 was in actuality the 6.2 Update.

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
No!!! You passed me. Well I think, it's really hard to make sense of any of this. The only thing that is consistent, is the inconsistency and lack of clarity.

I got 6.2 (both the orginal on 10/25 and the updated one 12/2)
I got 6.3 on 10/27.

SmartSelect_20231211_132550_FordPass.jpg

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Got 6.4 installed today. Dealer brought my truck back this afternoon after a service appointment and the present of this update.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
6.4 is downloading now for me. I never received 6.3 since my sequence went from 6.2 to 6.2 Update to 6.4. I wonder if 6.3 was in actuality the 6.2 Update.
Since 6.3 broke stuff I’m guessing those of us who are on 6.2 will jump straight to 6.4.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Since 6.3 broke stuff I’m guessing those of us who are on 6.2 will jump straight to 6.4.
The x.x is not software versions. They are update numbers. Each update updates a different module on the truck. Some updates need to be done in order, others can be done of order. You may get an update and then they issue a patch or bug fix to that update and you see the same update again. You may get updates out of numerical order if one is not dependent on the other one.

There is no truck overall software version. Each of the different modules and controllers, including the SYNC head unit, have their own version/firmware which have nothing to do with the "Power UP " update numbers.

If you subscribe to the Ford technician software called FDRS you can see each module and what its software or firmware version is and any individual module updates available.

Ford does not issue every module update OTA. Some modules cannot be updated OTA.