I just got an update...

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
That's very strange. This is a very small update that does not require the vehicle to be inhibited while it installs. That is very atypical with this type of OTA.
One thing I have noticed on several occasions with non-inhibited updates is that the Navigation screen is wonky. Yesterday I drove 5 miles to a shopping center, and the unknown update began while I was out of the truck. When I got back in the truck, I attempted to set a return destination. The Ford Navigation map displayed, but no buttons were displayed other than "Where To", so I could not set a destination. Everything else worked properly.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do you see a small number under software updates/ update details In the bottom left (in the truck)?
This update has no revision number. That's why they call it "Voldemort". Update details are in the box in the middle of the screenshot below.

@Lytning That's weird. I blacked out the VIN for your privacy, but the attached screenshot shows the OTA trigger was created for your truck on 1/23 for 6.8.0, the no-name update OTA was sent after this one and went through while this one was sitting in the queue.

Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... Untitled

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have yet to receive an updated on my truck but earlier this week, overnight my 12V SOC went from 98% to 56%. ATT shows my truck was connected and active on the Wifi so who knows what the hell it was doing. Anyone else experience this?

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks @rudedraw. It does not show an update available for manual download. 12V SOC is showing 79%. I have powered my truck on to boost 12V SOC and will check again in a few hours.
I just checked again, and an update is now showing available. 12V SOC had increased to 85% with truck powered on. I launched a manual update and received a message that it would take 13 minutes to complete.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have yet to receive an updated on my truck but earlier this week, overnight my 12V SOC went from 98% to 56%. ATT shows my truck was connected and active on the Wifi so who knows what the hell it was doing. Anyone else experience this?
Doesn't sound normal unless there was an update that installed or tried to install overnight.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just checked again, and an update is now showing available. 12V SOC had increased to 85% with truck powered on. I launched a manual update and received a message that it would take 13 minutes to complete.
Ota trigger is now activated and files downloaded. Capacity is good and SoC is decent. Good luck.

Over The Air Manager (OTAM) Update Status Logx

Deployment StatusVehicle StatusVehicle Reporting Date/TimeServer Status Received Date/TimeAdditional Parameters
Update Files are Ready to ActivateOTAM_S1007January 27, 2024 11:45 AMJanuary 27, 2024 11:45 AM"groupId":"1""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"34""currentLvBatterySoc":"81""currentHvBatterySoc":"43""currentHvBatteryEnergy":"140950""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"27540"

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
This update has no revision number. That's why they call it "Voldemort". Update details are in the box in the middle of the screenshot below.

@Lytning That's weird. I blacked out the VIN for your privacy, but the attached screenshot shows the OTA trigger was created for your truck on 1/23 for 6.8.0, the no-name update OTA was sent after this one and went through while this one was sitting in the queue.

Untitled.png
Do you understand the update ID? Sometimes the number on the right goes up when the number on the left goes down and vise versa. Do those numbers mean anything?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
‘yup. I lost 40% in one night. I shud down connectivity and went back to 3%.

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Many of us nerds, keep an eye on every update, logging them for historical reference.
See my signature below for recent updates.

Fordpass / Vehicle / Features & Settings / Software Updates / Recent Changes / > / shows most recent posting.

Keep track of that this point forward. We customers do not have direct access to the complete manifest of received updates but our Ford technicians have this information.
I'm not seeing the "Recent Changes" option, anybody else in my boat? Also, while I'm at it, is anybody else's WiFi turning off by itself in the vehicle?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do you understand the update ID? Sometimes the number on the right goes up when the number on the left goes down and vise versa. Do those numbers mean anything?
I do not. I think i is just some way for Ford to track the updates they send out. I don't think they are of any relevance to us.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
42 minute truck off update waiting on my “Software Update” menu. Hmmmmm

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I'm not seeing the "Recent Changes" option, anybody else in my boat? Also, while I'm at it, is anybody else's WiFi turning off by itself in the vehicle?
Once you get an OTA it will appear, briefly .... the details are no longer visible .

Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... 1706382255781
Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... 1706382323636
Sponsored