Not open for further replies.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Plenty of CCS car owners would LOVE to buy electricity from Tesla Supercharger network. But they cannot because they are locked out by Tesla. Its not the lack of adapters. its Tesla restraining the trade.
It’s not illegal to sell services specifically for customers of your product. It’s a typical business model. You don’t get to force companies to sell you things just because you want them.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It’s not illegal to sell services specifically for customers of your product. It’s a typical business model. You don’t get to force companies to sell you things just because you want them.
That must be why I can’t connect FordPass to our 08 CR-V. 😂

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Tesla isn't opening up their network because they want our business. They are doing it to get their paws on billions of $$$ of infrastructure money. To get that money they are required to make their chargers available to everyone. That should include requirements that the chargers get upgraded and have appropriate parking or longer cords so our Lightning can charge. Free market rules don't apply when you are taking government money.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Well it IS illegal in this country to restrict trade in a market a company dominates (charging) as an anti-competitive advantage in another market (EV cars).

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Well it IS illegal in this country to restrict trade in a market a company dominates (charging) as an anti-competitive advantage in another market (EV cars).
i guess it’s fortunate for Tesla that they aren’t doing that.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
i guess it’s fortunate for Tesla that they aren’t doing that.
Back to the original point of my comment - Then why are they not opening up the Level 2 chargers for anybody to make an adapter or connect any other brands of cars?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Back to the original point of my comment - Then why are they not opening up the Level 2 chargers for anybody to make an adapter or connect any other brands of cars?
It's not a software limitation. It has already been mentioned that V2 don't have the correct hardware to communicate. You are essentially complaining about a home PC not being able to connect to the internet in a home that doesn't have any modem.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Why does it matter? They can do whatever they want with their chargers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Lightning Owners (1/31/24 Update) fml-sylvester

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What does "Communication Protocol Not Compatible" mean?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Lightning Owners (1/31/24 Update) paper-cups-feature

Sponsored

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
I was hoping this would come with some type of extension. Using this alone at most Super Chargers will be a bit of a challenge due to charging post-placement. Pulling forward, you will end up using the charging position intended for the vehicle to your left for the back-in locations.

Tesla is changing post placement on new installs there are more options for pull-through.
I was wondering about this.. was looking at them the other day wishing these trucks had port on both sides. Or at least in the very back considering most truck owners back in... right? I'm not the only one here that takes 3 attempts to pull in forward.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As an early Tesla owner, I helped pay for the Supercharger network. As an early Lightning owner I did not and Ford ( and the other manufacturers) did not.
Yeah, I'm sure Ford is not paying Tesla a dime to use the SuperChargers... Nor GM, nor anyone else. Any not a dime of taxpayer money went to Tesla in the early days, nor as part of the deal with the government to open 3,500 SuperChargers. o_O
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.