• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
FORD TO OFFER COMPLIMENTARY TESLA SUPERCHARGER ADAPTER TO ELIGIBLE EV CUSTOMERS

JAN 31, 2024 | DEARBORN

Last year, Ford announced that its EV customers would gain access to Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada beginning in Spring 2024. As that moment approaches, Ford President and CEO Jim Farley said today that eligible Ford EV customers will soon be able to reserve a complimentary Fast Charging Adapter.

The Fast Charging Adapter will provide Ford F-150 Lightning, and Mustang Mach-E owners access to Tesla’s V3 and above Superchargers. Ford will start to transition to the NACS charge port from 2025, removing the need for an adapter for direct access to Tesla Superchargers.

For the latest on the BlueOval Charge Network – already North America’s largest public charging network before adding Tesla Supercharger access – click here.

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 3.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 5.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 7.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 8.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 4.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 2.jpg

Fast Charging Adapter (NACS) 1.jpg
So how do you find out if eligible?
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
they will EMAIL you, eventually, IF you are eligible, to ask if you want to reserve one...

no one has received any reservation email, yet... it was announced as 'Spring', when available, so, no rush...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Does anyone know how we "reserve" one of these?
I was at the Ford dealer today. They didn’t even know that Ford was going to be providing adapters.

Sponsored

techmatters

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
Us Ford owners all patiently waiting for our adapters and there's 8 brand new superchargers that just opened at Wawa about 15 miles away from home. Yet it appears like these guys already have their adapters.. looks like tundras and rams are ahead of the curve lol

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Lightning Owners (1/31/24 Update) IMG_0711 (2)

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Dare I say that this community is a far better resource than most dealerships.
Absolutely. The dealerships seem to find out everything last.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Us Ford owners all patiently waiting for our adapters and there's 8 brand new superchargers that just opened at Wawa about 15 miles away from home. Yet it appears like these guys already have their adapters.. looks like tundras and rams are ahead of the curve lol
IMG_0711 (2).jpeg
You could pull those out of the way with a Lightning.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
IMG_0711 (2).jpeg
There's a lot that can be done to dissuade this... as you can see in the pic, there is poor (no) signage, no painted spaces, etc...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There's a lot that can be done to dissuade this... as you can see in the pic, there is poor (no) signage, no painted spaces, etc...
Appears those are contractors and the site might still be under prep?????

Sponsored

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
The cord length is definitely going to be a problem, even though Tesla has removed the bollards locally. I can connect but just barely, I'm only about an inch away from the post in this picture. I don't have an adapter, I'm just using a generic teslatap for photo purposes. No way I could do this with a car to my right.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford to Offer Complimentary Tesla Supercharger Adapter to Eligible Lightning Owners (1/31/24 Update) PXL_20240202_013002081

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
We should start a thread with people taking pictures at every Tesla Supercharger location in the US, showing whether each is able to reach, or not. Then have another thread where people measure parking angles, and discuss if you need 23 degrees or 47 degrees for the cord to reach...

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Appears those are contractors and the site might still be under prep?????
You could be right that it isn't open yet, I just assumed that because the one truck has a quad in the back, they weren't there to work on the chargers.

When I had a tesla, I saw this kind of stuff all the time. People with trailers or large vehicles will find any place to pull off and fill 8 spaces sideways.

twixr3000

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E / 22 Platinum ER
From inside ev's

Ford Owners Won't Need The Tesla App To Supercharge
Ford confirmed to InsideEVs that its customers will be able to Supercharge using the FordPass app or the vehicle's infotainment screen.

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
Back to the original point of my comment - Then why are they not opening up the Level 2 chargers for anybody to make an adapter or connect any other brands of cars?
HA HAAaaAAAaaaa!

WAT!?

Tesla level2 is literally J1772...

LOL "why are then not opening up the level 2" ROFLMAO!

AUUUUUHAAAAA HAAAA HAhaaaa1111!!!1ones!!!11!1true
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.