Retired

dkrueger

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Is there any reason to be concerned about having the dealer install all of these updates (see attached) to make everything current in my '23 Lariat ER? They'll also be doing CSP 23B57 for the battery module firmware.

1FT6W1EV0PWG59660-2-Feb-24.png
where did you access this list from?

RiqRod

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat extended battery
Occupation
Administration
There is no rhyme or reason in how OTA's are sent out; as least Ford does not say what logic is used to distribute updates. Where in Florida are you? If you're in the Miami area, we can set something up and I'll update the truck. No charge.
OH WOW THANKS!!!!! I am actually in Homestead, and work in Pembroke Pines. I appreciate that. Thanks again!!!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
OH WOW THANKS!!!!! I am actually in Homestead, and work in Pembroke Pines. I appreciate that. Thanks again!!!
I'll be available Friday evening after work if you are. I don't have my kids that day, so it'll be perfect timing-wise. Send me your VIN so I can see what you have pending.

Sponsored

RiqRod

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Administration
I'll be available Friday evening after work if you are. I don't have my kids that day, so it'll be perfect timing-wise. Send me your VIN so I can see what you have pending.
1FT6W1EV3PWG61094. THANKS!!!! I am also not able to get my CSP connect to my Ford Pass.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FT6W1EV3PWG61094. THANKS!!!! I am also not able to get my CSP connect to my Ford Pass.
Well, your Fordpass itself seems to be fine because I can pull the connected info on your truck. Modules pending updates are below. Not too bad of a list. You aren't showing an IPMA update which may pop up once some of those updates are done. That one would take 3 hours and has been a bit problematic for some people, but the rest should be pretty easy. CMR will take 45+ minutes.

Ford F-150 Lightning Having dealer update all software/firmware 1707361684207

RiqRod

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Administration
Well, your Fordpass itself seems to be fine because I can pull the connected info on your truck. Modules pending updates are below. Not too bad of a list. You aren't showing an IPMA update which may pop up once some of those updates are done. That one would take 3 hours and has been a bit problematic for some people, but the rest should be pretty easy. CMR will take 45+ minutes.

1707361684207.png
Let me know the time and place. My email [email protected]

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I'm pretty confident sales and service did indeed discuss and agree to do it. But since they forgot to put the service appointment in, and never told the service advisors of this agreement, I'm screwed at 8am since none of those people who agreed to it are there. The only thing they did was the CSP, which only took about 40 minutes.

Since these updates weren't critical service, I decided getting in an argument and making a scene was not worth the mental anguish. Nor worth ruining the service advisor's day as her very first customer at 8:00:02 AM. My good deed for the day.

I will take it up with sales later. It is a significant time consuming hassle to bring it to the dealer and leave it for the day. So it's debatable if I'll do this again just for the FDRS updates. I want them, I want everything current (the Tesla in me). But I don't want to shave a year off my life in sanity to get it done.
buy a mongoose cable and an FDRS license and never FOMO again :)

Sponsored

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
What is the easiest / best way to determine which code I have running? I saw an update was available, (6.8.something?) but can't tell if it applied.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What is the easiest / best way to determine which code I have running? I saw an update was available, (6.8.something?) but can't tell if it applied.
This will show the most recent update, nothing prior to that.

Ford F-150 Lightning Having dealer update all software/firmware Screenshot_20240227_074653_FordPass

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Or send me your VIN and I'll check.

peoples1234

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Volvo C40, 2023 Lightning ER
How? I have not even gotten one OTA! I have a 23 Lariat as well that I purchased in December 23. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I just thought since I got my vehicle at the end of 2023, that I would be on the tail end to get the OTA.
Early ‘23s are receiving updates with the ‘22s, I think the cut off is a manufacturing date in June/July 2023. If you are after the date, you have received no, or minimal, updates.

My ‘23 was manufactured in October, I have received one unnamed update and 4.2.1.2 earlier this month. This experience seems typical of other ‘23s.

I have not had the CSP done for the 12V sensor.
Sponsored