• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Monitor Sensor Replacement

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
He asked if OTAs would be delivered now. I think the CSP refers to them failing install. Two different things.
I wasn’t meaning to contradict you, only adding context.
Sponsored

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
There has not been a significant number of OTA's occur since the BMS part became available. Looks like a few folks are finally getting 6.8.0 that didn't get it last December and some 2023's are getting 4.2.1.1. In both cases OTA's are going to those who have not had the part replaced. So OTA's don't seem to be dependent on having that part at least right now.

Bottom line - too early to tell. What it should help is for the update to not fail after it arrives.
I am actually sitting at the dealer waiting for the BMS update. I am curious if the truck updates after it is completes.

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
I realize there are a number of threads dealing with the 'not' recall of the battery monitor sensor and I am sure I've read this, but can't find it now.

I had the BSM replaced today. For those of you who've had this done, did that help your receive OTA updates? I've never received one before today and wondered if this would help.

Thank you.
Is it normal that I got my module replaced 2 weeks ago and I still have the CSP warning on my ford pass app . Is everyone having the same issue ?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is it normal that I got my module replaced 2 weeks ago and I still have the CSP warning on my ford pass app . Is everyone having the same issue ?
I had 2 recalls and 3 CSP's done last week. The only CSP that didn't clear for me is the high voltage battery BECM update. The BMS module, and the rest of them, disappeared the same day.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Same here. Had BMS done Jan 10 but CSP is still there. Emailed my dealer twice and both times said they would take care of it. But they haven't. Service doesn't show up in my Service History either in FordPass. I assume they sent it in to Ford for reimbursement.

Last edited:

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I can't even get my local Ford dealership service department to answer the phone-sometimes it will ring for literally 10 minute with no answer, return my messages either voice mail and/or AI chat non-sense.

I will have to drive over there and talk to them in person.

WTF (What The Ford)

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
I am. Had BMS done Jan 10 but CSP is still there. Emailed my dealer twice and both times said they would take care of it. But they haven't. Service doesn't show up in my Service History either in FordPass. I assume they sent it in to Ford for reimbursement.
So I spoke with my service guy and he said they did the job and the paperwork just has to be filed in so they can say it’s been done and take it off the app , but got the front monitor sensor blocked still so they gonna fix that

s3254

First Name
ISAAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FORD LIGHTNING
Ordered the New BMS from online Ford parts, got it today and installed it in less than 15 min. I instantly got an update downloading message. so I don't know if the BMS stops downloads or if it was just coincidence.. just FYI..

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ordered the New BMS from online Ford parts, got it today and installed it in less than 15 min. I instantly got an update downloading message. so I don't know if the BMS stops downloads or if it was just coincidence.. just FYI..
How long has your (MY22) truck been in service? Greater than 6 months?

Likely a coincidence, or you had one of those funky modems hung up which cleared on removal on the 12v connection.

Sponsored

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, Subaru Ascent
Anecdotal update here. I have a 2023 Pro SR, built in November 2023. There have been no software updates since I took delivery. I check regularly to see if there are updates downloaded but not installed given the new battery sensor CSP issue. I've understood 2023 models haven't really been getting updates across the board yet anyway based on information here. However, I had my low voltage battery sensor replaced today on 2/14. After I get home later in the day and plugged in, my first power up downloaded and installed right away (PowerUp 4.2.3.1). I figured the sensor issue was only holding up some updates that were already downloaded, but my experience today suggests the new sensor had something to do with getting an update pushed to the truck (that I am sure was not already downloaded and waiting install). Just an observation. Anyone else with a similar build date getting updates lately with or without the battery sensor CSP replacement?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anecdotal update here. I have a 2023 Pro SR, built in November 2023. There have been no software updates since I took delivery. I check regularly to see if there are updates downloaded but not installed given the new battery sensor CSP issue. I've understood 2023 models haven't really been getting updates across the board yet anyway based on information here. However, I had my low voltage battery sensor replaced today on 2/14. After I get home later in the day and plugged in, my first power up downloaded and installed right away (PowerUp 4.2.3.1). I figured the sensor issue was only holding up some updates that were already downloaded, but my experience today suggests the new sensor had something to do with getting an update pushed to the truck (that I am sure was not already downloaded and waiting install). Just an observation. Anyone else with a similar build date getting updates lately with or without the battery sensor CSP replacement?
I copied your post to the UPDATE thread
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/ford-power-up-4-2-3-1-wifi-catch-up.15642/

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
I got mine replaced at the dealer yesterday, and it was crazy, after getting home from the dealership, the CSP had cleared already... I was blessed by the blue oval gods 😅

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
My dealer ordered mine a month ago and this morning said it was still on nationwide back order. what is the part number you received?

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning F150 Lariat ER
I realize there are a number of threads dealing with the 'not' recall of the battery monitor sensor and I am sure I've read this, but can't find it now.

I had the BSM replaced today. For those of you who've had this done, did that help your receive OTA updates? I've never received one before today and wondered if this would help.

Thank you.
I'll update you once my dealer finishes all the recall work on my Pro, what's the rush, it's only been 6 weeks at the dealer and still no ETA or updates 😞
Sponsored