Sponsored

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
I hear you and appreciate your opinion. Just posting this question to others as well. They are providing a software portal and service that they should be held responsible for its proper functioning per the paid license to access it from the point of a purchased service agreement. Customer service either does there job or they do not in this type of situation, this was the intent of my question.
Looking for useful real information here vs opinions.
Understood.

Here is real useful information then in the form of Motorcraft’s return policy.

The short-term license is non-refundable. There is a link to contact customer service. Perhaps an argument could be make that one didn’t access the “subscription” is the secondary login fails.

if you pursue this, let us All know what you find out.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS IMG_3174
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Ugh.!
So my question if you paid $50 for 48 hours access and cannot update say your BCM, do they refund you or give you more access time at N/C..?? Any ideas, anyone have any experience or ideas or if you are just Outta luck and money …?
FDRS Tech Support 888-354-7558...Ask Ben if you can get a refund or extension.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
That is the problem I am in. I just paid for a two day and did all the updates and skipped the BCM per Rugedraw's recommendations. And I don't mind that i could not do it, but I do not want to pay $50 for a new license just for one update and especially if it is still not fixed. Guess I will just wait a little longer, just wondering if Ford is aware and making any effort to fix it.
So you skipped it...you didn't try to do the update at all? I mean worst case it will just fail.

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
You're buying a license to utilize the application. You're not buying a license to succeed at whatever you're trying to do. If they will extend your license due to problem on their end,vid say that is nice of them but certainly not an obligation or legal requirement.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
You're buying a license to utilize the application. You're not buying a license to succeed at whatever you're trying to do. If they will extend your license due to problem on their end,vid say that is nice of them but certainly not an obligation or legal requirement.

Full disclosure - I have not read the license agreement.

Your logic is ambiguous!

You are purchasing a license to use the software not to fix anything, you could be just using it to read data etc.!

Currently the license is in my opinion (we all have one, its value is up for discussion) is NOT fulfilling the end user use expectation requirement as folks are unable to update the BCM. Now back to my disclosure, if in the license purchase agreement it states anywhere that: (and I'm paraphrasing): ...nothing is guaranteed and availability of all or a subset of current functionality is not assured....then they have an opt out.

In either case if my license expires before I can update the BCM on all my vehicles I'll politely ask for a comp 2 day license based on the fact I wasn't able to update while my months license was valid.

Again there is nothing I know of that says they will or will not do this but if you don't ask you don't get!

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Licenses don't need to exclude anything. They are inclusive. They define what you get. Anything that isn't listed as specifically what you get, is the end user's wishful thinking. I haven't read it either. But I'm quite confident that nobody would ever put into a license that the customer must be happy and successful.

What you're asking for is in the realm of customer satisfaction accomodations. Not license terms.

djstough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2023 MachE Premium ER
Most software comes with a shrink-wrapped license. Meaning, you break the shrink-wrap, and the license is in full force, non-returnable. Even though this is a download, the same logic probably applies. You apply the key and open the software, it's yours.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Licenses don't need to exclude anything. They are inclusive. They define what you get. Anything that isn't listed as specifically what you get, is the end user's wishful thinking. I haven't read it either. But I'm quite confident that nobody would ever put into a license that the customer must be happy and successful.

What you're asking for is in the realm of customer satisfaction accomodations. Not license terms.

I think you’ll find the EULA lists expectations, otherwise somebody somewhere would file a frivolous suit for self benefit. But I’ll concede nothing is ever assured.

Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So you skipped it...you didn't try to do the update at all? I mean worst case it will just fail.
I tried, it just failed. I actually tried it the first time I did my Lightning and then checked it a couple weeks later when I got another two day to update my Dad's Mach E. Borked both times. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Anyone in SoCal who can help me out with FDRS updates? I am willing to pay for the 3 day license and extra for your time.

Looking for someone who has the Mongoose and 12v power supply. I really want to try out the new APIM software since ours is freezing up about 2-3 times a week now. Ford Dealer won't even attempt to request a replacement of the APIM Ford even though it's been doing this since purchase last year. Our other local Ford dealer won't look at the truck unless I drop it off and let them park it in "door ding alley" for a week until they can look at it... plus agree to pay a diagnostic fee if no trouble found.

Thanks!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I’m wondering if anyone knows and could share how to find out before paying for a license as to whether BCM uodates or any other on a HOLD. Perhaps another forum or source of support in advance of paying for license and being unable to update all desired modules while paid.
Or just ask here..?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads