• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Instrument Cluster Has Gone Dark: FIX post 19

Triecke

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Hopefully it's back to normal by your home bound commute, some folks have pulled the negative battery terminal to get it and other modules to reboot.

Before doing this look at the Sync screen to confirm you have no OTA processed pending or applying to the truck.
Thanks for the reply, it was back to normal on drive home. I am still going to take it in for service next week to see if there is anything they can see.
Sponsored

Triecke

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Than you for link to the thread, I missed it when I originally searched. I will keep this as back up solution if this happens again.
Anytime I see someone encounter weird issue like this, I bookmark it. Love this forum, it's an amazing resource.

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
If this ever happens to me again I'm going to look into getting a fuse with a reset button on it!

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Just happened to me 1FT6W1EV8PWG40368 2023 XLT extended range. 4200 miles bought in April. I'll try the fuse I HATE going to the dealer!

Sponsored

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Just happened to me 1FT6W1EV8PWG40368 2023 XLT extended range. 4200 miles bought in April. I'll try the fuse I HATE going to the dealer!
Fuse fixed it for me. I think I heard a click behind the panel when I plugged it back in.

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
Driving home from work today same thing happened to me haven't tried the fuse or the fob thing yet we'll try that when I get home but definitely not ideal when you don't notice it when you first get the car

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Driving home from work today same thing happened to me haven't tried the fuse or the fob thing yet we'll try that when I get home but definitely not ideal when you don't notice it when you first get the car
Hi Anthony! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
PSA: Fuse 18 is a spare for 13. Use needle nose pliers to replace.

I was trying to reseat 13 and dropped it. Fell right in between the metal and the carpet/floor trim. Now fuse 13 is forever part of the truck. Don’t be like me, use needle nose pliers and make sure that fucker is seated.

Sponsored

Rfemle

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just had this happen to me, charged over night, got in drove 10 minutes parked, came out after 20 minutes, jumped in truck, hit start no instrument screen, drove 10 minutes home, letting sit. Will try to see if it fixes after sitting then will pull fuse. I think I hit the start button real fast after jumping in truck, if that means anything. 1000 miles on truck, love the truck, but this is a big issue and no back up on middle screen.

Rfemle

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Update was home maybe 30 minutes and just went out to see if worked and it did, whew. I hope that does not happen again.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Just had this happen to me, charged over night, got in drove 10 minutes parked, came out after 20 minutes, jumped in truck, hit start no instrument screen, drove 10 minutes home, letting sit. Will try to see if it fixes after sitting then will pull fuse. I think I hit the start button real fast after jumping in truck, if that means anything. 1000 miles on truck, love the truck, but this is a big issue and no back up on middle screen.
If I understand your comment correctly, it sounds like a report needs to be made ro NHTSA on www.nhtsa.gov since you lost access to your reverse camera, which is required by FMVSS 111.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Add me to the list of black dash, solved itself on its own after parking for an hour. 2023 Pro SR max tow

legallytom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Lightning Lariat
Just happened to me as well—no instrument cluster, had to use Waze for speed. 23’ Lariat with around 5k miles. Restarted truck and rebooted infotainment with no change. Was going to pull fuse 13 but when I got back in with needle nose pliers to pull it, it had already fixed itself.

Sponsored