• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Can this update be applied with FDRS and, if so, will it clear the CSP? I’d love to avoid a service appointment…

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Can this update be applied with FDRS and, if so, will it clear the CSP? I’d love to avoid a service appointment…
The FDRS instructions are in the document with Tech in the title on the first post. If you want to get the CSP marked complete I think you’ll need to get someone at a dealer to remove it. You’re not required to do CSPs so it doesn’t really matter if it stays on there. It will probably expire at some point anyway.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Maybe want to wait until someone confirms this actually fixes the front sensor problem haha. Has anyone seen anyone post that it actually worked once applied?

Sponsored

FloridaMan85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
The dealer tried to update mine last Thursday and apparently crashed the IPMA module, so now I'm paying for gas in a loaner until they can get a new one to replace it. They said mine is only the second one they've tried to update, and the same thing has happened both times. I don't know if that's due to an error with the update or something the dealer is doing wrong.

Has anyone heard of this update failing and bricking the hardware?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Uncommon but not impossible, hopefully they are following all steps especially regarding supplemental power for updates requiring it.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Dropping it off right now. service tech also has me down for a “24P24” I have no idea what that can be.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Scheduled mine today. They said it would take about an hour. Their system also said they needed to reprogram my front hood. 3 hours total time. I’m expecting to waste a day at the dealer.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Still haven’t seen a confirmation that someone has had it done and it actually fixed the issue. Hoping I see one soon, mine is still beeping whenever I enable front sensors again and I had it “fixed”.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Dropping it off right now. service tech also has me down for a “24P24” I have no idea what that can be.
Mine was picked up today for the parking sensor fix as well. They called me and told me that was done and that a new one came out for the front hood module, and they were going to do that one too. He didnt give me the number though.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Mine was picked up today for the parking sensor fix as well. They called me and told me that was done and that a new one came out for the front hood module, and they were going to do that one too. He didnt give me the number though.
On the way to pick it up. I’ll update this post if I know what it is
update “fhcn” so it seems like exactly what u had done

@TaxmanHog @Mike G if u guys want to make a new thread/get the CSP/TSB files however y’all find them

Last edited:

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The dealer tried to update mine last Thursday and apparently crashed the IPMA module, so now I'm paying for gas in a loaner until they can get a new one to replace it. They said mine is only the second one they've tried to update, and the same thing has happened both times. I don't know if that's due to an error with the update or something the dealer is doing wrong.

I brought my 23 ER in on Friday and got told the same thing (new IPMA needed). A new module was ordered and now there is a large voltage drop which is causing the update to fail. 5 days in and Tomball Ford is now giving me a rental while they sort it out

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I brought my 23 ER in on Friday and got told the same thing (new IPMA needed). A new module was ordered and now there is a large voltage drop which is causing the update to fail. 5 days in and Tomball Ford is now giving me a rental while they sort it out
From earlier reports this update takes a while. I suspect they did not hook up a battery charger/tender/power supply of sufficient amperage.
Sponsored