• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's going to lose me with not showing me state of charge %

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I'm on my 6th EV and my build date is Nov '23. I didn't consider for a second it wouldn't have the SoC update and I likely wouldn't have bought the truck without it. I don't care if people think this is a pet peave but it's a sign of something and it's not one of a truck that should have left the factory without everything having worked.

If it's not Tesla or Rivian I want every single function working from the factory and frankly I don't even tolerate it from the other two (you don't see me driving around a CyberTruck with non-functional parts).

I'm dead serious that this experience, as stupid and trivial as it is, will have a HUGE impact on my next truck buying decision.

Ford is losing major points in stupid areas that are completely their fault and this is one of them. And forget an explanation, right? Like we just accept this?

My fuel gauge should fuel gauge. So done with this OEM garbage. Stop trying to do it differently, do it the same.

Ford chose to hide battery state of charge in really old thinking on EVs and can't go back and correct these things? Anyone who thinks OTAs are good and are buying the Lightning for it should understand there are trucks being sold today without an update from over a year ago.

These aren't cheap trucks and we were sold promises. Not being able to tell my charge level without navigating through to the place you've purposefully hidden it while being unable to patch it out shows a massive, massive, massive competency issue that I'm not sure they can shake off me.

How stupid is this? Over state of charge %? Just got pushed 6.5, still no charge percent.

These trucks are expensive!
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FEā€”Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
I'm on my 6th EV and my build date is Nov '23. I didn't consider for a second it wouldn't have the SoC update and I likely wouldn't have bought the truck without it. I don't care if people think this is a pet peave but it's a sign of something and it's not one of a truck that should have left the factory without everything having worked.

If it's not Tesla or Rivian I want every single function working from the factory and frankly I don't even tolerate it from the other two (you don't see me driving around a CyberTruck with non-functional parts).

I'm dead serious that this experience, as stupid and trivial as it is, will have a HUGE impact on my next truck buying decision.

Ford is losing major points in stupid areas that are completely their fault and this is one of them. And forget an explanation, right? Like we just accept this?

My fuel gauge should fuel gauge. So done with this OEM garbage. Stop trying to do it differently, do it the same.

Ford chose to hide battery state of charge in really old thinking on EVs and can't go back and correct these things? Anyone who thinks OTAs are good and are buying the Lightning for it should understand there are trucks being sold today without an update from over a year ago.

These aren't cheap trucks and we were sold promises. Not being able to tell my charge level without navigating through to the place you've purposefully hidden it while being unable to patch it out shows a massive, massive, massive competency issue that I'm not sure they can shake off me.

How stupid is this? Over state of charge %? Just got pushed 6.5, still no charge percent.

These trucks are expensive!
So I read your post several times and still have no idea what you're talking about. I see HVB SOC % all the time. Both in the truck and on Ford Pass.

OP
OP
BeeKind

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
So I read your post several times and still have no idea what you're talking about. I see HVB SOC % all the time. Both in the truck and on Ford Pass.
This wasn't the case on older than July of '23 models. Up until that point you could only see % SOC from specific screens, never the default IPC screens. After July '23 Ford rolled out updates to some trucks, over time. My specific "what the actual hell" was (I guess bad on me for assuming) my Oct '23 build date still not having SoC displayed. Truth be told I didn't notice on my test drive.

If you just got pushed 6.5, 6.8 is next and should happen pretty quick, I went from 6.5 to 6.8 the next day as have many othersā€¦ at least we can get our truck wet without it shorting out šŸ˜‚
Yeah so that happened and I went outside and it showed % on 6.8. Of course I'm the asshole maybe now? I don't know. This was kind of nutso. It will leave a lasting impression :(

The "Calm" view on the dash displays the SoC if you aren't using that already. It is an annoying workaround but hopefully it'll tide you over until Ford deems your truck worthy of v 6.8.
I find it easier to make the default button in the middle screen "charge settings" so I don't have to wait 5 minutes for animations. But, I'm good now... finally.

Sponsored

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
This wasn't the case on older than July of '23 models. Up until that point you could only see % SOC from specific screens, never the default IPC screens. After July '23 Ford rolled out updates to some trucks, over time. My specific "what the actual hell" was (I guess bad on me for assuming) my Oct '23 build date still not having SoC displayed. Truth be told I didn't notice on my test drive.

Yeah so that happened and I went outside and it showed % on 6.8. Of course I'm the asshole maybe now? I don't know. This was kind of nutso. It will leave a lasting impression :(

I find it easier to make the default button in the middle screen "charge settings" so I don't have to wait 5 minutes for animations. But, I'm good now... finally.
No worries itā€™s frustrating because there is no clear path for OTA updates, I received my truck in Feb of this year 2023 ER XLT, Iā€™m just getting this now when it seems like everyone else had it months before me. Believe me I was like a little kid to finally have percentage on the main screen.

The animations can be turned off with FORScan I believe .. itā€™s on my list of things to do.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
U want dumb! I plugged a trailer in 2 months ago and it still tells me my range will be reduced on this trip EVERY TIME I start the truck, I just say WOW! to this, there is nothing attached nor plugged in to the trailer connector for TWO MONTHS NOW!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
U want dumb! I plugged a trailer in 2 months ago and it still tells me my range will be reduced on this trip EVERY TIME I start the truck, I just say WOW! to this, there is nothing attached nor plugged in to the trailer connector for TWO MONTHS NOW!
You know you can tell the truck that there is no trailer, right? Or plug the trailer back in and disconnect it while the truck is on and it will recognize that the trailer is disconnected.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Plug in trailer again, then set to No Trailer, then unplug...

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Dude Iā€™ve been driving EVs since 2016.
Including Teslaā€™s and I canā€™t believe the battery percentage anger lol.

sure itā€™s nice to have, but technically it was viewable on a graph and it was viewable on other dash screens.

Iā€™m happy I can see the precise percentage on the main screen now as well, but even before I had the number just looking at the graph that has the indicators every 25%. I could always tell you what my state of charge was just by glancing and be accurate within 1 to 3%?

I guess not many of us drive down to our final 10% or less to where that is ever an issue.

Last edited:

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Go into your trailer settings and you can disconnect the trailer.

next time unplug it while the truck is running and it will realize it.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
Like others have said, you had the graphic so you still had a pretty good idea of where you were, just didnā€™t know exactly where when on the main screen just like every ICE car we grew up drivingā€¦

Yes, it was slightly annoying but hey Ford fixed it right. They could have chose not to spend the money to do it but they did so should get props for that.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I understand where the OP is coming from. Itā€™s not so much the actual functionality that gets you upset, itā€™s the failure of FOMOCO to do what they say they are going to do when the say they are going to do it.

BC 1.3 to be delivered this time A YEAR AGO! šŸ˜”. Yet itā€™s been delivered to the Mache world.

Donā€™t tell me youā€™re going to do something and then not do it without communicating why not.

Yep, I get it.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
You know you can tell the truck that there is no trailer, right? Or plug the trailer back in and disconnect it while the truck is on and it will recognize that the trailer is disconnected.
I told it no trailer 20 times it just not getting my mail!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.