First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In my case the whole thing was replaced. ER platinum.
Can you share the work order list of parts (redact any sensitive information)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Victorog

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Occupation
Construction
Will do once I get it back probably tomorrow or Monday not sure yet.

KK10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Ironically, I just had this happen to my 2022 Lariat ER today, powertrain malfunction and power is only 57%. This is rather frustrating, the three dealers I called said approximately two days to diagnose and then they will work on the problem. None of them offered loaners. @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP

Victorog

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Occupation
Construction
Unfortunately ford does not offer loaners. It’s at the dealerships availability and or discretion sadly.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
2022 Lariat ER today, powertrain malfunction and power is only 57%
Ask for rental/gas reimbursement from Ford BEV team 800-392-3673 if a battery module replacement is needed?

Sponsored

Kaiserkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning XLT ER
Hey all,

I've been getting the same power train warning that's been posted in this forum, So I won't repost the issue.

However, I am not getting the high voltage warning, just the power train/reduced power warning..

The first time it came on, it stayed on for about 4 days. It then went away. I called my dealership because they had no availability online and then when there was availability, miraculously the error went away that day of the appointment. I called and asked what they can do without the light on and they said pretty much nothing.

A few weeks later, same issue but it only happened until the car was turned off (SEP 3rd). This happened again this past Friday (SEP 27th) and got an appt for Sep 30th. Brought it in, they said they think they know the issue on Monday, did nothing on Tuesday, drove it today (Oct 2nd) and the light didn't come on. So they don't have a fix for it at this time or a diagnosis.

Really unfortunate. If this happens again, I will have to start a lemon request. The last thing I want is to have the issue above where it says 'pull over immediately' as I have a 1 year old and another baby on the way. It may sound ridiculous, but that kind of issue on the highways near me which are very busy and always under construction would cause a serious accident.

Otherwise, I completely love the lighting. But figured I should post the warning as well to other owners, since it seems like a common issue. Of course, while at the shop and they can't diagnose the issue and won't give a loaner (and if they don't find an issue the loaner comes out of my pocket based on what I read above).

It's been a very poor experience to say the least.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Hey all,

I've been getting the same power train warning that's been posted in this forum, So I won't repost the issue.

However, I am not getting the high voltage warning, just the power train/reduced power warning..

The first time it came on, it stayed on for about 4 days. It then went away. I called my dealership because they had no availability online and then when there was availability, miraculously the error went away that day of the appointment. I called and asked what they can do without the light on and they said pretty much nothing.

A few weeks later, same issue but it only happened until the car was turned off (SEP 3rd). This happened again this past Friday (SEP 27th) and got an appt for Sep 30th. Brought it in, they said they think they know the issue on Monday, did nothing on Tuesday, drove it today (Oct 2nd) and the light didn't come on. So they don't have a fix for it at this time or a diagnosis.

Really unfortunate. If this happens again, I will have to start a lemon request. The last thing I want is to have the issue above where it says 'pull over immediately' as I have a 1 year old and another baby on the way. It may sound ridiculous, but that kind of issue on the highways near me which are very busy and always under construction would cause a serious accident.

Otherwise, I completely love the lighting. But figured I should post the warning as well to other owners, since it seems like a common issue. Of course, while at the shop and they can't diagnose the issue and won't give a loaner (and if they don't find an issue the loaner comes out of my pocket based on what I read above).

If you have not contact the BEV team, I would highly recommend that.
Ford BEV team 800-392-3673

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey all,

Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's error message concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN

OP
OP

Victorog

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Occupation
Construction
Hey all,

Hello,

It appears your truck is warning you ahead of the pending possible breakdown. I would have your dealer reserve you a loaner now. Ford dealerships generally have to purchase vehicles from ford so it is really up to the dealer to provide you a loaner. Secondly the lemon laws are tricky. The manufacturer would have had to have fixed the same problem three times and it remains a problem. Also the manufacturer would also look at the depreciation on your vehicle, miles, wear and tear. It really isn’t that simple. But from my experience your batteries are going bad. These lightings do very weird things.

Kaiserkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning XLT ER
Or been in the shop for roughly 30 days for a problem they can't solve over the course of 12 months.

Still, that's not very positive sign if it's warning of a possible bigger future problem at 6k miles (now near 8k)... I see you had the same issue and had a battery array issue. Hopefully, I don't have the same issue. When/how was your dealer able to fix it? Did the light have to stay on when you got it to them or was it after?

Got in contact with the Ford team above đź‘Š I'll update if there is ever a solution that is positive. Hopefully everything goes well, a problem is fixed, and it's back to good health soon where I don't need to worry about it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Victorog

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Occupation
Construction
Hello,

I got my truck back after 7 weeks. The battery array from time of order to delivery is about 4-6weeks. The light was on and the vehicle was on a tow truck top speed was 3 miles/hr. My truck was at 9600 miles. My local dealership has had trucks go dead at 2300 miles.

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
I got my 2023 lightning in march of 24 with 200 miles and 9k plus miles later I get a power train malfunction/ reduced power message and could not drive the truck. Took family to the mall. I had to remove the 12 volt battery to reset, this was a week ago. Well tried to park the truck properly this evening and the same problem again. This is exhausting, repeated the same process to get it to move. Taking it to my dealer this morning. I can’t imagine it happening while my wife or kid was driving.

1723204214064-3z.png

IMG_5158.jpeg
IMG_5159.jpeg
I’m confused your truck said 0% power on left of screen why would you do some truck trick re set vice going to the dealer from the beginning ? The truck told you multiple times the car was messed up, but you kept driving it? Then you’re gonna get mad when you finally decided to go to the dealer and the truck crapped itself.🤷🏻‍♂️.
Sponsored