Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
My wave 1 2022 XLT ER truck has been the most trouble free, fun, and useful vehicle I have ever owned. Until I brought it in for the recalls. When I dropped it off, I specifically said if they were not confident it would be done in one day, I was not leaving it. The service advisor called that night and said it was done. I was dropped off before work, waited for 30 minutes and was told a control unit crashed and they were going to need special authorization to order a part. They also would not provide a loaner or any type of rental. A week later, after hearing nothing, I called and was told they just received authorization to repair.

I called customer care and had my case escalated to "our top level" and they would update me regularly. It has now been a month, and I finally got my first communication back, stating the part was waiting on the vendor to produce it with no estimate for when that would be.

I also have the full home integration system that I can't use during the hurricanes that have been killing our power in east tennessee.

Best part, I don't know how many of you saw the front page article on USA Today and many affiliate newspapers last year, but that is me and my Lightning on the front cover.

Am I ever getting this truck back?

I even want to spend my almost 3 million Fordpass points toward a regular cab, short bed XL and not one dealer even wants to take my order. At least I'm not a shareholder -oh wait, 8000 shares...

Ford F-150 Lightning DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer. 17285213325445771946852292448718
Sponsored

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
The 22’s seem to be having more problems than 23s with this update. I had all CSPs (not recalls) done on my 23. No problem. Not everyone experiences issues.

CD4TNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER
The 22’s seem to be having more problems than 23s with this update. I had all CSPs (not recalls) done on my 23. No problem. Not everyone experiences issues.
'22 here and mine did the front sensor recall just fine.... What other recall is there?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I had my 2022 in today for the front sensor CSP. I was watching my 12V battery level remotely. I could tell it was on a charger because of the voltage, but the SOC went down to about 26%. Being out of warranty, I would have been upset if it died, but they left it on the charger for a bit after the update was done and it's back in the 90's.

It seems like the non OTA updates really strain the LVB and all the electronics that run off it.

Sponsored

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Gray, 2022 Mach-E
I received the CSP 24B56 letter last week that said "Call your dealer without delay to schedule a service appointment.." Nope. I have no problems now and haven't yet. I'm realizing on this vehicle that "If it ain't currently broke, don't fix it!"

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
Same here with my 23 XLT ER. I have had zero problems with the front sensors. Every day, they work fine going in and out of my garage. I'm not chancing something going haywire fixing something that isn't broken. Nope...no thanks. The way I read the notice, it is a customer satisfaction issue, not a full blown recall.

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Gray, 2022 Mach-E
That sucks Rich, hopefully the Ford dude who monitors this site will have some pull with the powers on high. On another topic, what are those honeycomb lights in the garage pic? I'm in the process of re-doing my garage lights and looking for the latest and greatest in LED options.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
The only thing sucks about not getting this recall done is I think this is a big part in getting the blue Cruise update.

This is why nobody was able to download the Blue Cruise update is because updating these modules absolutely kills your battery.

I think that is why they want us to bring in our trucks and have these two big updates done.

I have a hunch that the rest of the updates will come over the air.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
...I'm not chancing something going haywire, [having the dealer try to] fix something that isn't broken. Nope...no thanks...
I totally agree, as I see NO REASON to ever grace the doors of my local Ford Dealer 'just because' Ford has some types of 'recalls' or 'customer satisfaction' updates that the dealer must take care of.... NOPE, not me, not when my truck has driven 48,000 miles, towing my camper over 20,000 miles, and not a SINGLE problem.... NOPE.

I see more problems with the DEALERS trying to 'fix' problems that don't exist.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'd like to get all the CSP done, but watching these stories has convinced me to hold off.

The higher up's can talk / write guidance until their blue in the face, if the listener isn't listening, what more can they do, fire the tech's who are negligent? This would be a local dealer decision, do they care?

Reactions: GDN

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
Luddites. How did you even manage to buy an EV with “all those horror stories out there?” 😂

Only those that have an issue post about it. And most (all?) of those who’ve had an issue have 22s as far as I can tell.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Took mine in for bad battery packets in May. Convinced dealership to do the repair despite powertrain updates halted.

Powertrain update finally applied 2 weeks ago. 3 other CSPs attempted. APIM update failed. Tech tried numerous recommended things, including "erasing customer data". Yup, have to redo phones, lost all saved nav destinations, lost charging locations and settings... Didn't work, so he was told to replace USB hub. That didn't work, so they said to remove battery cables and tie together for 20 min. He did it overnight, got truck back late yesterday.

It is pretty clear that 3 years in on Mach-E, 2 on Lightning, that Ford still has a lot to figure out. Truck took a total of 4 visits for battery packets (1 to add software, 1 to identify packets, 1 to put in packets, 1 to update software). Then 2 more for the other updates.

So I get to spend time today recreating what I can. Redoing PaaK is so much fun. Had 50 plus destinations saved, they're gone.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
It sucks for sure. My 21 Mach-e was perfect then a rash of OTA made it totally unreliable and the dealership was useless. So far no issues with my 23 ER XLT and I'm not interested in any CSP.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
This sounds like a dealer issue to me.🤷
Sponsored