Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The cool feature I use sometimes when grocery shopping is using the keypad to unlock truck and open frunk simultaneously. Comes in pretty useful when your hands are full.
Wait, how do you open the frunk from the keypad?

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Thought I'd start a thread for features of our trucks that don't get a lot of attention, and may even go unnoticed, but are interesting nonetheless.

The one I noticed recently is that the speed limit sign/icon on the driver's display screen momentarily brightens when the speed limit changes. It seems to be about a 4 second duration before returning back to normal. I tried to take a video of it this morning, but that proved rather tricky while driving.

Anyone notice any other things like this?
There's an American flag stamped on both sides of the dash seen when you open the door

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Great Thread, @Max Power Many items I knew of, But will keep watching for more great tidbits from my fellow Lightning folks, , , I'm sure there are a lot others that we have not stumbled upon..

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just noticed this yesterday. If you stop and leave the truck in drive and then turn off the truck, the gear selector automatically changes to park.
It also shifts itself to park if you open the driver's door while the truck is on and you are stopped.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
If you enter a trailer into the trailer selection screen, it will remind you every 6 months to "maintain" the trailer when you select that trailer again.

Sponsored

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
BuiltRight Industries makes a pull strap to easily access that spot. It is one of the things I am going to get. They also make a Velcro MOLLE panel that you can attach there and add MOLLE pouches for storing stuff.
Thanks for the pointer! -> Ordered. BuiltRight™ should owe you a commission now. :cool: