First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
finance
So I went to go to work a couple of Mondays ago. Got in the truck started it and went to put it into drive. Gearshift wont move. Tried everything I could think of. So I called roadside. 8:15 AM. They send a flatbed out about 11AM. Flatbed driver said he cant get it since it wont go into gear. They send out another tow truck at about 2:30. He cant get it either since its backed in. So at 6:45pm another flatbed comes to get it. Finally its off to the dealer.

Called the dealer and it will be a week before they can get it in. They have no service loaners. So I'm out of a vehicle. Its now been two weeks and I have no info other than the ABS module isn't communicating. Talked to a rep at Ford and they said I can go rent a ford vehicle and pay for it. Once the dealer sends everything in to verify its covered under warranty they can reimburse me. But I'm out the rental fee and my truck payment until its done. The dealer doesn't do rentals. I asked my service advisor for updates and he just tells me they cant figure it out. I'm very frustrated. No communication from anyone. Ford corporate said they would follow up with me, but that hasn't happened. Now i don't know what to do. I cant keep renting a car. Seems like Ford doesn't care.

Sorry for the vent. Just really upset about all this.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Previously, when someone reported a busted gear shifter, it just needed a new motor. If they are going to drag their feet, you might contact a lemon law attorney and let Ford know you plan to go that route. Things magically happen when you remind them they are on the clock.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Replace the shifter. Seems to be an occasional problem with a few reports of it here. Replacing the assembly is the fix.

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum, Ford F250, Rivian R1S
When I had a problem with my battery module the dealer told me they did not have a loaner for me. The Ford representative contacted the dealer for me. The dealer called me and the next day I was driving a loaner. I think Ford can make it happen for you.

OP
OP
matt3310

matt3310

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
finance
I have talked to Ford. The dealer I use doesn't have an agreement with a rental company. So I have to pay and get reimbursed.
Sponsored