• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amber Ring of Death - Level 2

Hunley

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
My 2023 Lariat ER, the day after my first payment cleared, left me surprised yesterday morning. The scheduled charge experienced a charge fault, resulting in an AROD(Amber Ring of Death).

Switching chargers, unplugging/resetting them, etc. did nothing. I even tried the mobile charger in a standard outlet, Level 1 style. Nothing.

However, DC fast charging works just fine. I tried that on the way into work, just hoping it was a software update gone awry or a one-off.

Got back home yesterday, and was still unable to charge. I called the local Ford dealership, and they can’t get me in until October. Worse yet, no service loaners are available until DECEMBER.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any potential solutions?

I am thinking it’s an issue with the inverter in the charge outlet. OBD reading is showing an Active Air Dam error (CD630) the day before, then a UD300 with an Internal Electronic Failure.

I also had the “56% power and RWD only” issue a while ago.

I love the way this truck rides, but I drive 35k miles a year. I don’t think this bodes well for long term reliability. Neither does the local dealership being booked on loaners until December…
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Reboot the truck, pull the negative battery cable for a minute or so, reconnect.

Test L1/L2 charging, if that doesn't fix it, find another dealer if one is available, to help you sooner.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I second the reboot by pulling the negative terminal off the 12v battery. This will reboot the onboard charger. I've had mine hang a couple of times over 2 years probably due to updates. Also power off your EVSE to reset that before plugging in.

If that doesn't clear it, you are making a trip to the dealer.

I was charging DCFC for 2 weeks waiting for the onboard charger to come in and then down a few days as they figured out how to get it installed updated and working. Good since then.
Sponsored