• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best YouTube / Netflix (Magicbox)

OP
OP
4trees

4trees

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Cannabis Facility Design - 4trees Cannabis Building Ltd
Yes, it works with IPhones, that is what I use. It actually has a switch to work with iPhones or android. Very easy plug and play, or difficult at all and very responsive. Turned the trucks info screen into a laptop.

Buio

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Mode YP 2023 I. silver lightning LR ER
Occupation
cabinets
So I purchased a Carlink 3 And have a possible ( ok , more than likely ) dumb question. I also recently subscribed to Ford's wifi , but also noticed that the Carlink has a sim card slot. as of now I have an active sim card in the carlink , but my question is , is it needed , or can I just run the carlink off the trucks wifi ? the instructions made it appear you need an active sim card , so if that's the case , i'll cancel the Ford wifi subscription & just use the sim card .
Or , if I can just use the truck's wifi , I'll let the sim card lapse . ( subscribe in 6 month pre-pay blocks & it's about do to expire )
Thanks in advance.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
So I purchased a Carlink 3 And have a possible ( ok , more than likely ) dumb question. I also recently subscribed to Ford's wifi , but also noticed that the Carlink has a sim card slot. as of now I have an active sim card in the carlink , but my question is , is it needed , or can I just run the carlink off the trucks wifi ? the instructions made it appear you need an active sim card , so if that's the case , i'll cancel the Ford wifi subscription & just use the sim card .
Or , if I can just use the truck's wifi , I'll let the sim card lapse . ( subscribe in 6 month pre-pay blocks & it's about do to expire )
Thanks in advance.
Truck Wi-Fi works perfectly. Turns on at the same time as the truck.
Sponsored