First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Cannabis Facility Design - 4trees Cannabis Building Ltd
Yes, it works with IPhones, that is what I use. It actually has a switch to work with iPhones or android. Very easy plug and play, or difficult at all and very responsive. Turned the trucks info screen into a laptop.

Buio

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Mode YP 2023 I. silver lightning LR ER
Occupation
cabinets
So I purchased a Carlink 3 And have a possible ( ok , more than likely ) dumb question. I also recently subscribed to Ford's wifi , but also noticed that the Carlink has a sim card slot. as of now I have an active sim card in the carlink , but my question is , is it needed , or can I just run the carlink off the trucks wifi ? the instructions made it appear you need an active sim card , so if that's the case , i'll cancel the Ford wifi subscription & just use the sim card .
Or , if I can just use the truck's wifi , I'll let the sim card lapse . ( subscribe in 6 month pre-pay blocks & it's about do to expire )
Thanks in advance.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
So I purchased a Carlink 3 And have a possible ( ok , more than likely ) dumb question. I also recently subscribed to Ford's wifi , but also noticed that the Carlink has a sim card slot. as of now I have an active sim card in the carlink , but my question is , is it needed , or can I just run the carlink off the trucks wifi ? the instructions made it appear you need an active sim card , so if that's the case , i'll cancel the Ford wifi subscription & just use the sim card .
Or , if I can just use the truck's wifi , I'll let the sim card lapse . ( subscribe in 6 month pre-pay blocks & it's about do to expire )
Thanks in advance.
Truck Wi-Fi works perfectly. Turns on at the same time as the truck.

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I took a chance on a unbranded Android Box from Aliexpress. It has all the same specs and OS as Carlinkit (QC6225 chip, 8gb ram, 128gb, Android 13). Is it the best? I don't have much else to compare, but it's snappy and I have had no issues with it. It's also 1/3 the price. You just need to select the NA one (North America). I have, of course, no affiliation with this company.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807298551970.html

If you search at AliExpress (which I hate using in general), you can find a bunch of these units.

Is this unit copying someone elses work? Probably, I do feel guilty about that.
Thanks for the link, I bought one, hopefully it arrives before my road trip in 2 weeks.

I love AliExpress, no guilt here. Most of the stuff you buy from Amazon is just crap from AliExpress that arrives quicker for twice the price.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
Thanks, I just ordered the carlinkit Plus (a little less than max but with same specs) for $132 from manufacturer and with coupon code
Sponsored