Sponsored

Chevrolet announces 2025 Silverado EV range and price

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Links

https://electrek.co/2024/10/07/2025...ets-price-cut-more-range/?extended-comments=1

https://pressroom.chevrolet.com/gmb...ges/news/us/en/2024/oct/1007-silveradoev.html

I knew this day was coming, but I thought it would be sometime late next year.

I’ve had my F150 lightning for six months and put 14,000 miles on it. I’m a long term Ford F150 owner.

But I’m not gonna lie, my truck has an MSRP of $80,000 and I’m looking at a Silverado LT premium with the same MSRP that does 390 miles of range versus my trucks 320. And it tows 2500 pounds more.

Now Ford put some money on the hood when I bought my truck, and that makes it an easier pill to swallow. But I’m sure that money will be on the hood of the Silverado soon enough. They’re already discounting the RST.

Ford has got to step up to the plate in a major way. And it’s going to have to come from software updates.

Ford already has the advantage in that regard because they still support CarPlay and GM does not.

But Ford, come on, you need to be putting everybody you have on getting the latest blue Cruise updates to your existing lightning owners and early adopters. Or you’re not gonna be able to keep us.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Have yet to see any Silverado EV's around Tucson. Plenty of Lightnings, R1T's, and Cybertrucks. Did Chevy even start selling them to retail? Last I saw it was just fleet.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not much there on how that "LT" trim will come equipped. To make up for the battery, I am guessing it will be missing many of the creature comforts that our Lariats have.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I have seen Silverado EV on dealers lots, but never on the road.

I really don't care for the looks

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Are they ramping these yet? Last I heard there were a lot of issues ramping the Ultium stuff.

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
I've been seeing quite a lot here in Southern California. The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) appears to have bought a bunch of them as most of the ones I am seeing are branded with their logo.

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Not much there on how that "LT" trim will come equipped. To make up for the battery, I am guessing it will be missing many of the creature comforts that our Lariats have.
If everything is fair in the world, I hope so. It sounds like the LT premium will compare pretty closely with the flash at least.

I am expecting probably cloth seats and no cooled seats.
Sponsored