First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Started another thread, mine "bricked" and has been sitting at the dealer a month. Horrible.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Got mine back from the 50k mile service today. They did this CSP and the frunk module. Of course, my 360 camera was small. The service department swears they ran the configuration tool. I fixed myself with FORSCAN.

EDIT: Now reading my paperwork, it seems they had to program my IPMA twice. It failed the first time.

Last edited:

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
My Lightning is back in the shop trying to get the front camera to work again when approaching an obsticle. I had the small 360 issue but fixed it with the FORScan fix. Dealer reinstalled all module software related to 24B56, including the IPMA Camera module software, but still will not come up. To their credit, they are dropping off a MME for me tomorrow while they work with Ford to try to get it working again.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
So is the general consensus to not do this yet? Aside from the the obvious negative bias here it seems like a half-baked update for a menial issue that is being performed by techs that can't be bothered to read a 2 page instruction booklet. Downside seems to outweigh the upside. Shouldn't have to FORSCAN fix @Ford Motor Company's mistakes.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
So is the general consensus to not do this yet? Aside from the the obvious negative bias here it seems like a half-baked update for a menial issue that is being performed by techs that can't be bothered to read a 2 page instruction booklet. Downside seems to outweigh the upside. Shouldn't have to FORSCAN fix @Ford Motor Company's mistakes.
Agreed. It’s a mess. They need to revise and train on this one. Embarrassing. @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
Has anyone with a 23 had an issue with this fix? If not exclusively, it seems predominately an issue with the 22s.

I don’t think “consensus” is don’t do it. I think the vocal few who have had an issue say don’t do it. I say go for it, especially if you have a 23. Mine completed (both CSPs - Frunk and Sensors) without issue and many others have as well. Seems this is mostly a dealer issue, so if you have a 22 and want it done, quiz the dealer and make sure they know what they’re doing first.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Am I reading this long post correctly, did some of you have them redo and the IPMA passed?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Menial issue? Yes. I never had a front sensor problem. But now I have what I need to turn the latest BlueCruise on with FORSCAN. Win-win.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
On the phone right now, new service advisor as the other one got canned...

There is an active COPUS case open, with a new IPMA ordered. The truck has not been touched since the first day it was there. I am having them see if they followed the instructions to the letter, with the maintainer on, several times. We shall see...
Sponsored