Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I can't believe this process is so convoluted and requires so much power- how do software/firmware updates require so much downtime in 2024? Seems like they are using antiquated software and hardware methods.

I hated Tesla in a lot of ways, but I never had to take it in for a software update/recall. Everything was OTA (from new features, to fixes for door handle open/close bugs, to frunk issues) and done in 45 minutes or less. I really, really miss that. Now I get an update that makes future updates work better? And new functionality never comes? And when I get a CSP I take it in and it either doesn't fix the issue OR it makes new issues arise (like tons in this thread)?

@Ford Motor Company you guys really need to figure this out if you are going to compete long-term in the EV and even Plug-In hybrid realm. The irony is that it will actually make YOUR life and your employees time far more efficient and less expensive. Everyone would win with a little upfront investment.

I completely agree. Getting better at software wouldn't just mike the owners lives better, it would save the company a ton of money and time. This is ridiculously difficult.
Sponsored

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Agreed. It’s a mess. They need to revise and train on this one. Embarrassing. @Ford Motor Company
I think it depends on the Dealer. I had mine done yesterday via Mobile Service. I wasn't hopefully as this was my first interaction with this dealer. The tech showed up I asked if he needed power and a 12v battery charger. He said no. I let him get to work. I popped out about 1/2 hour later. He was charging the battery from a jumper to his Ford Service Vehicle. and had a starlink terminal setup o the driveway. He was probably early 20s., Knew his stuff and had it all done in about an hour and a half.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They broke my truck!!! I was so nervous about having this done. UGH.

2023 ER Lariat that was built in December 2023 that has been flawless for 14,000 miles.

They took it for a test-drive after the 3 failed updates and now the truck is flashing "pull over" messages to the driver and they have no clue what they're doing or what's wrong.

This is horrible. Worst fear unlocked. Do not get this done! I really thought people that were warning about it were being hyperbolic.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning

2023 ER Lariat that was built in December 2023 that has been flawless for 14,000 miles.

They took it for a test-drive after the 3 failed updates and now the truck is flashing "pull over" messages to the driver and they have no clue what they're doing or what's wrong.

This is horrible. Worst fear unlocked. Do not get this done! I really thought people that were warning about it were being hyperbolic.
Sorry :(.

Yeah, I wasn't joking or being dramatic when I posted a few times to wait this one out...unfortunately folks are finding it out the hard way.

I hope they halt this update soon until they train on it/fix the workflow.

@Ford Motor Company this is a pretty high priority item to run up the ladder.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
22 platinum. Done today. Took three hours. Said 12v went down to 33% and had to wait for it to be above 70% to do the frunk fix.

360 camera looks like this now:
IMG_0952.jpeg
My camera has been like this since December after the 6.14 fix. It's just pathetic......

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Thanks for letting us know. I was going in on Friday. Looks like I'll have to cancel that appointment. I don't know how @Ford Motor Company expects us to pay for 3 years of BC when they cant even get this right.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve gotten two alerts in the app today.

pro power system error and now a high voltage battery error.

never had errors like this before.

how can it hurt the truck that badly to install a freaking update on one module?
Sponsored