• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
Disable backup beeper. This also disables the low-speed pedestrian noise, so please be careful with this one. These noises are federally mandated, and you will be ridin' dirty without them. You'll need to install the megaohm speaker delete kit
Whats strange about this is I know its federally mandated. I have the backup beeper that is annoying, but whatever I'll keep it that's fine - its a safety thing, I don't touch those.

However, I have yet to ever hear my "low-speed" pedestrian noise. Haven't done any mods, I've just never heard it, and I've tried to hear it many times. Creeping around buildings with windows down. I just thought I might not have one. I've Never received a warning or anything about it. I sneak up on people all the time unintentionally.
I've even had people drive my truck slowly by me, never heard a thing.

Does anyone have a video or clip of what its supposed to sound like because the only noise I hear is the noise of the motors.

Edit: Found some clips of the Powerboost - Is it the same sound? If it is close or similar, I do not have that noise - I only have the reverse beep. I wonder if the speaker thing is broken.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Whats strange about this is I know its federally mandated. I have the backup beeper that is annoying, but whatever I'll keep it that's fine - its a safety thing, I don't touch those.

However, I have yet to ever hear my "low-speed" pedestrian noise. Haven't done any mods, I've just never heard it, and I've tried to hear it many times. Creeping around buildings with windows down. I just thought I might not have one. I've Never received a warning or anything about it. I sneak up on people all the time unintentionally.

Does anyone have a video or clip of what its supposed to sound like because the only noise I hear is the noise of the motors.

Edit: Found some clips of the Powerboost - Is it the same sound? If it is close or similar, I do not have that noise - I only have the reverse beep. I wonder if the speaker thing is broken.

I have problem hearing that as well while I am in the truck. Never had someone else drive it to test it.

And I fully agree on safety noises. The truck is big and I have had to drive it in noisy places with a lot of people walking around. Even reducing the pedestrian and backup noise is not a good idea. I wish I had a manual way to temporarily increase the noise in some of those occasions when I was backing up and people didn't seem to notice or care.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
It’s called the horn! 😂
That may scare the crap out of nice people in front when I am backing up.

I am thinking to use retractable accessories for those in the back that ignore my gentle backup sound.

Ford F-150 Lightning Disabling F-150 Lightning's Beeps, Dings, Chimes, Honks, Bings, Bongs, and Dongs 1706637533599

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have blocked every notification just by installing my own speakers and amp. If you don't use a load resistor in-line between the head unit and some aftermarket amps it disables all system sounds.

:)

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I'd pay top dollar to get adaptive cruise off my tail about "keep hands on wheel". BTW my hand is on the wheel; just that Ford wants you to shake your wheel every 15 seconds. Almost not worth using it on non-blue cruise supported highway's.
Stop steering and start resting. The weight of your hand on the 3:00 position of the steering wheel will eliminate the message. The same applies to the opposite side of the wheel if using your left hand is preferable. You'll teld to be on the left side of the lane though.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Stop steering and start resting. The weight of your hand on the 3:00 position of the steering wheel will eliminate the message. The same applies to the opposite side of the wheel if using your left hand is preferable. You'll teld to be on the left side of the lane though.
I’m driving two hours of straight highway, seven days a week, with an occasional 20 hour trip sprinkled in; wouldn’t be a big deal otherwise. I rest by driving with my hand resting on my leg while fingers lightly touch the wheel. While I appreciate your suggestion, it’s not a comfortable position for me for this and other reasons.

Luckily, a one pound weight arrived this week and fixed my problem.

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
If you're like me, you'll agree that a stock F150 Lightning has too way too many audible warnings. This thread catalogs the different methods I've used to turn them off, sorted by overall annoyingness. Hopefully it's useful to someone!

Note that many of these noises are federally mandated, and/or genuinely important for safety. Please use good judgement when modifying your vehicle.

Things I've done:
  • Disable frunk beep. This requires unplugging the frunk speaker. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWVnZ5vNgM
  • Disable backup beeper. This also disables the low-speed pedestrian noise, so please be careful with this one. These noises are federally mandated, and you will be ridin' dirty without them. You'll need to install the megaohm speaker delete kit: https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece
  • Disable key-in chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6))
  • Disable triple chime on vehicle startup. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx
  • Disable door ajar chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx
  • Disable seatbelt chimes. This can be done via a series of button presses and seatbelt clicks. Again, please do not ride dirty. See here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMErUaI3Cg
  • Disable "check rear seats" warning. This can be done via the touchscreen: Settings > Vehicle > Rear Occupant Alert
  • BONUS: IPC quick boot. This disables the annoying (albeit inaudible) Ford advertisement that takes over your screen when the vehicle boots. IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx

Things I haven't done, but are theoretically possible:
  • Disable double honk if you get out of the truck while it's running and bring your key with you. Mine actually never did this so I didn't bother with it. FORSCAN Code BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx
  • Disable parking sensors. This can be done via the touchscreen, although it is a useful tool depending on where you park. One of the few dings that I left on.
  • Disable power liftgate chime. I don't have a power liftgate, so I skipped it.

Things I still haven't figured out how to do:
  • Disable "Rear sensor blocked" chime (yes, I know when my liftgate is down, Ford!).
  • Disable "No key detected" chime
  • Disable chime on lane keeping cancellation.
  • Disable "transmission is not in park" chime when you open the door without having shifted into park.
  • Disable animation on power down.

I'll update this post as I find solutions to the above noises, or if I discover other chimes that need to be silenced. Again, I hope this is useful to someone-- None of this is new information, but maybe I've saved you some time by not having to search for it.
Thanks for the info!

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP

The forward one sounds like a bad wheel bearing (metallic grinding). It’s most noticeable when it goes away at about 25mph. “Is something broken on my car? What is making that noise? Oh, hmm it just went away.” I’ve been “riding dirty” in my 2018 Tesla for 6 years, because it didn’t come with one. Personally I think it’s more dangerous with the noise because for the driver it is masks noises you might need to know if your about to hit something/someone.

Sponsored

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
One pound weight from Amazon for the hand on wheel nagging. I have the same issue. Hand on, and it still beeps. The weight isn't practical if you make a lot of turning in urban areas, but works wonders on longer stretches of road.

spdski

First Name
Miko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 311A
This is probably corrosion in the connector or the plug has slipped out a bit. A Ford Injector will fit in the connector and solve this issue way cheaper.
Does it matter what year/model injector? From looking online it looks like there are some different plugs, so I want to make sure I get the right fit.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Does it matter what year/model injector? From looking online it looks like there are some different plugs, so I want to make sure I get the right fit.
Electrically no, but plug wise, sure. It matters b/c that is the whole beauty to the hack is that it plugs right in. I'd say if you match it by picture online or in an autopart store's catalog you'll be fine. Also, if you're buying it new and it doesn't fit, you'll never "installed" it, so you can take it back.

But again, the beauty is that you can grab one of these free from a junk yard.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
If you're like me, you'll agree that a stock F150 Lightning has too way too many audible warnings. This thread catalogs the different methods I've used to turn them off, sorted by overall annoyingness. Hopefully it's useful to someone!

Note that many of these noises are federally mandated, and/or genuinely important for safety. Please use good judgement when modifying your vehicle.

Things I've done:
  • Disable frunk beep. This requires unplugging the frunk speaker. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWVnZ5vNgM
  • Disable backup beeper. This also disables the low-speed pedestrian noise, so please be careful with this one. These noises are federally mandated, and you will be ridin' dirty without them. You'll need to install the megaohm speaker delete kit: https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece
  • Disable key-in chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6))
  • Disable triple chime on vehicle startup. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx
  • Disable door ajar chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx
  • Disable seatbelt chimes. This can be done via a series of button presses and seatbelt clicks. Again, please do not ride dirty. See here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMErUaI3Cg
  • Disable "check rear seats" warning. This can be done via the touchscreen: Settings > Vehicle > Rear Occupant Alert
  • BONUS: IPC quick boot. This disables the annoying (albeit inaudible) Ford advertisement that takes over your screen when the vehicle boots. IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx

Things I haven't done, but are theoretically possible:
  • Disable double honk if you get out of the truck while it's running and bring your key with you. Mine actually never did this so I didn't bother with it. FORSCAN Code BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx
  • Disable parking sensors. This can be done via the touchscreen, although it is a useful tool depending on where you park. One of the few dings that I left on.
  • Disable power liftgate chime. I don't have a power liftgate, so I skipped it.

Things I still haven't figured out how to do:
  • Disable "Rear sensor blocked" chime (yes, I know when my liftgate is down, Ford!).
  • Disable "No key detected" chime
  • Disable chime on lane keeping cancellation.
  • Disable "transmission is not in park" chime when you open the door without having shifted into park.
  • Disable animation on power down.

I'll update this post as I find solutions to the above noises, or if I discover other chimes that need to be silenced. Again, I hope this is useful to someone-- None of this is new information, but maybe I've saved you some time by not having to search for it.
You should amend this list to add the option of forscan to disable the “alien” sound and back up sounder as well as the megaohm thing.
Sponsored